Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi, we published a RSform module inside a JAbuilder block but the problem we have is that when we are trying to "POST" to the page that our form is published under and we are not getting back our JSON data, we are getting HTML code instead

Sam Samiei Friend

any update on this?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Sam,

May I know in which block I can see the issue?

Sam Samiei Friend

in home page, the form at the top. if you select any appliance from the "chose your appliance" dropdown i get the error. you can see how it should work from this page: http://oven.repair/bookonline

I’ve attached a photo of the block.

thanks,
    Sam

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Sam,

I see the issue, could you share the ftp account also?

Sam Samiei Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Sam Samiei Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Sam,

The new version of JA Builder has been released, did you try to take a backup and update?

Sam Samiei Friend
    Sam Samiei Friend

Hi, its been 20 days since i reported this problem and no help at all!! whats the point of selling a commercial product and NO support at all?!!!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Sam,

When requesting JSON from server by using an AJAX request, there is unnecessary div tag in the response:

<div class="rsforrm">

Because of this, the JSON can’t be parsed.

Kindly check the code in your form again.

Regards

Sam Samiei Friend

Hi Saguaros, that really isn’t the issue. The issue is that the JSON code response is VALID on any other website. Its only broken when using the page builder to display the form. You haven’t answered why your product is interfering with a form that works in a normal Joomla! installation?!

The JSON response on my primary website does not produce the same result. It is only when I display the form into a page builder page does the JSON response get corrupted.

here is the same form on normal T3 template:
    https://www.northlondonappliancerepairs.co.uk/book-a-service.html

When AJAX is performed, we do a POST to the page/url of the RSForm. We specifically match that request against the call type…if it is a POST, we try to parse the request to the subroutines that handle the JSON request. If it is a GET, we run your other, legacy routines and process the form accordingly.

When we make the POST call to the RSForm page (_self) Page Builder is interfering with the POST/GET response in some way that we do not get back a valid JSON string and thus, it fails.

The question i have is what is the page builder doing to step in the way of a POST call to the same page and how do we avoid it.

Saguaros Moderator

Let me discuss with the team for further checking, could you also update the ftp account again? as it redirects to a empty directory now.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum