Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I have installed the Social Quickstart and everything works fine except for the front page. At the top of the front page is the following:

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_JAThumbnail::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in C:WampwwwJASociallibrariesjoomlaeventevent.php on line 67

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Disqus_debate_echo::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in C:WampwwwJASociallibrariesjoomlaeventevent.php on line 67

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Jafacebookshare::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in C:WampwwwJASociallibrariesjoomlaeventevent.php on line 67

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentEmailCloak() expected to be a reference, value given in C:WampwwwJASociallibrariesjoomlaeventdispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentLoadModule() expected to be a reference, value given in C:WampwwwJASociallibrariesjoomlaeventdispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPagebreak() expected to be a reference, value given in C:WampwwwJASociallibrariesjoomlaeventdispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_JAThumbnail::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in C:WampwwwJASociallibrariesjoomlaeventevent.php on line 67

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Disqus_debate_echo::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in C:WampwwwJASociallibrariesjoomlaeventevent.php on line 67

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Jafacebookshare::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in C:WampwwwJASociallibrariesjoomlaeventevent.php on line 67

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentEmailCloak() expected to be a reference, value given in C:WampwwwJASociallibrariesjoomlaeventdispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentLoadModule() expected to be a reference, value given in C:WampwwwJASociallibrariesjoomlaeventdispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPagebreak() expected to be a reference, value given in C:WampwwwJASociallibrariesjoomlaeventdispatcher.php on line 136

The remainder of the page is fine and all the other pages are fine. How can I fix this? :((

aman204 Friend

Please ensure that you are using php version 5

pcrapid Friend

I have the same problem. I just installed Social JA (quickstart). I have not installed any other component (I have not even entered the site administrator)
    My php version is 5.3.1
    I installed other JoomlArt templates without problems, this is the first time it happens.
    Can you help?

pcrapid Friend

Ok, I solved the problem using a different thread. I regret not seeing it.
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/quickstart-problem-4/ 2C

Thanks.

leonardcraciun Friend

I followed the solution above , and now my slide look like this:
    do you have any idea?
    I use wamp 2.0 i joomla 1.5.22 with ja_social 1.21

1. slide-show-problem
    Phill Moderator

What version of php are you running with WAMP

leonardcraciun Friend

The version is 5.3.0

Phill Moderator

Hmm, I cannot replicate my end. Please make sure the JAT3 plugin is updated to the latest release and that the JA Slideshow 2 module is also updated to the latest release.

leonardcraciun Friend

I just installed the latest quick start downloaded 3 days ago. Btw ( sory for off topic) somebody has an ideea about when ja social is going to be available for joomla 1.6. in my point of view this will solve many incompatibility issue.

Phill Moderator

It is almost impossible to say then. It must be something on your wamp setup or maybe some changes you have made. Without being at your machine it is going to be really hard to work out for me (maybe someone else on the team has an idea though). I have just testes a new install with the same quickstart as yourself using the same version of Wamp as you can I cannot replicate.

The J1.6 version could be in a month or 2 but a lot of it depends on things beyong the control of JA because JA Social uses a number of third party extensions. Sorry I cannot be more precise.

leonardcraciun Friend

<blockquote>I have just testes a new install with the same quickstart as yourself using the same version of Wamp as you can I cannot replicat</blockquote>
    I don’t really understand…. Do you have also the same error?
    Thank you for answering back.

leonardcraciun Friend

I have spoked with my hosting provider and he has made the following in order to hide the “warnings”.
    The configuration of my hosting is:
    Apache version 2.2.14
    PHP version 5.3.1
    MySQL version 5.0.92-community
    Architecture x86_64
    Operating system linux
    On this configuration is installed quick start of ja social. ( no modifications)
    We are talking about the warnings shown in ja_slideshow2 in the begining of this thread.
    He created a .htacces file with the following content: php_flag display_errors off and he placed in public_html
    I don’t know if is oki what he did, but my slide show is clean and functional. http://www.yourpresent.co.uk
    Any way I still have the following error and I don t have yet solution for it:
    <blockquote>JFolder::create: Could not create directory
    JFolder::create: Could not create directory</blockquote>
    Regards,
    Leonard

Phill Moderator

We were talking about a WAMP install before. Yes, it is fine to turn the display of those errors off. You can do the same in the wamp install.

The second error you are getting is because the script is trying to create a directory but there is a permissions problem on your server preventing it from doing so. Please check all the folders are writable from the help menu in the joomla back end.

leonardcraciun Friend

This is what is shown in Directory permissions in joomla Help:
    <blockquote>administrator/backups/ Unwritable
    administrator/components/ Unwritable
    administrator/language/ Unwritable
    administrator/language/en-GB/ Unwritable
    administrator/modules/ Unwritable
    administrator/templates/ Unwritable
    components/ Unwritable
    images/ Unwritable
    images/banners/ Unwritable
    images/stories/ Unwritable
    language/ Unwritable
    language/en-GB/ Unwritable
    language/pdf_fonts/ Unwritable
    media/ Unwritable
    modules/ Unwritable
    plugins/ Unwritable
    plugins/content/ Unwritable
    plugins/editors/ Unwritable
    plugins/editors-xtd/ Unwritable
    plugins/search/ Unwritable
    plugins/system/ Unwritable
    plugins/user/ Unwritable
    plugins/xmlrpc/ Unwritable
    templates/ Unwritable
    Cache Directory /home/yourpres/public_html/cache/ Unwritable
    Cache Directory /home/yourpres/public_html/administrator/cache/ Unwritable
    Log Directory ($log_path) /home/yourpres/public_html/logs/ Unwritable
    Temp Directory ($tmp_path) /home/yourpres/public_html/tmp/ Unwritable</blockquote>

Wich one shall I do it writable?
    Is not dangerous to make them writable?
    If I make them writable shall I use 775?
    Sorry for this questions. All of them are coming from a beginner.

Phill Moderator

Not dangerous as long as your server is setup correctly. Your host sounds on the ball so maybe have a quick word with them as they will know what settings work best on their system. On my own server only the script can write to them as they are in a special user group. Other servers will be setup differently.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum