Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am new at this and was kinda confuse on how to do this multi langauge site. I have created menus and modules for both languages english and french and my problem now is how do I change the menus when they choose a language? the menu that I am talking about is the menu just above the slideshow. What position is that and how do I change that menu to the right menu for that language? The menu that is displaying now is the french version.

pavit Moderator

Hi

You need to publish the Language Switcher module and the Language Filter plugin

That module give you the chance to choose in which language you want your site showed

pistra Friend

hi,

Thanks for the reply. I already did that earlier but that did not do me any good. I noticed that it is displaying the menu that have the menu type mainmenu. But I can only have one menu type of main menu, the other menus that I have are mainmenufr and mainmenuen

pavit Moderator

Could you send me via PM a super user account for your backend ? so i can check your configuration and after i will explain what is wrong

pavit Moderator

Hi

I have configured and enabled your Language Filter plugin ( before was disabled )

Then from your template manager in the travel default template i have made a new profile called english and assigned in that profile the main-menu-Eng as default menu then i have assigned this profile to all the pages in your english menu

Now it’s working fine

Let me know

pistra Friend

thank you so much sir. that really solved my problem. so i was lacking a profile that was assigned to the english language? thank you so much. I will just arrange now the modules. thanks again.. 🙂

pistra Friend

i have another question sir, why is the images not showing in the french version?

pavit Moderator

<em>@pistra 318672 wrote:</em><blockquote>i have another question sir, why is the images not showing in the french version?</blockquote>

Where exactly images are not showed ?

This is not depending from your menu configuration but from your modules

pistra Friend

you see the tabs under the research at the bottom position? In the english language the images of those popular places are showing but in the french language they are not.

pavit Moderator

Hi try to disable the js optimization

You have disabled the previous account i cannot access to your site to make tests

pistra Friend

where can I find that Js optimization? I have enabled the account again. sorry about that.

gaiza Friend

Pavit Hello!, I have the same problem and I can not fix user’m JoomlArt, we have created a profile with a menu for the language but we do not savemos how to link the profile with the language

gaiza Friend

I can fix it as I’ve stated thank you very much!!

pavit Moderator

<em>@gaiza 322980 wrote:</em><blockquote>I can fix it as I’ve stated thank you very much!!</blockquote>

If you still need help send me via Private Message your account for the administrator page and i will solve your issue.

Regards

blackeaglece Friend

Hi, I’ve the same problem I’ve create profile ITA, Eng and Russian but in home page I see always the same mainmenu.
    How can I do?
    Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  blackeaglece 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum