Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello, I have migrated a Joomla 1.5.x site to 3.3.x with success using the same template, JA Rave.

The site is bilingual, default language is Greek and the second language is English.

I have completed the migration and we’re almost good to go except three things:

1. Logo should be localised. I have uploaded the image file for the English language in the images folder. I have created a new layout and a new profile for the English language. I created a new stylesheet (clone of the default one) with the change in the logo URL. I inserted the stylesheet entry in the new English layout. Still no cigar. 🙁
    2. Whenever I am in any page under the Greek language and I click the Homepage menu item, instead of moving to the greek homepage, I am transferred to the English homepage.
    3. I would like to have the Language Selection module shown on the top of the iPhone layout. Position ‘absolute’. Any hints on how to accomplish that?

Thanks for the help!

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

1. You can create 2 template styles, one should be assigned to all English page and another one is for all Greek pages. Then you can assign different logo via Template Manager >>> choose appropriate template style >>> switch to tab Theme.

2. For more detail about how to configure a multilingual site in Joomla! 3.x, please have a look at this document.

3. Actually, it’s not possible to set it as ‘absolute’ but we can make it sticky with position ‘fixed’ instead.

digimouse Friend

<em>@Adam M 436772 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

1. You can create 2 template styles, one should be assigned to all English page and another one is for all Greek pages. Then you can assign different logo via Template Manager >>> choose appropriate template style >>> switch to tab Theme.

2. For more detail about how to configure a multilingual site in Joomla! 3.x, please have a look at this document.

3. Actually, it’s not possible to set it as ‘absolute’ but we can make it sticky with position ‘fixed’ instead.</blockquote>

Hello Adam, thanks for the reply.

1. I am not sure your instructions apply to the template I have. In the Theme tab I only see three themes not relevant to my website, I guess alternative themes that don’t interest me: color_blue, color_green and color_orange. I am using the default JA Rave theme which is dark reddish or something. As I wrote before, I have created extra profiles for Greek and English language, as well as their corresponding layouts
    2. I have followed the instructions on this guide and as a matter of fact I have created dozens of multilingual sites with this procedure. What happens in this instance is something that I haven’t encountered before and I don’t know how to deal with it.
    3. How would that be possible? Could you give me some instructions?

Kind regards,
    Manos K

digimouse Friend
    1. Like I said earlier, default language is Greek. Secondary language is English. So I deleted the Greek profile and assigned the greek menu to the Default profile. I also created an English profile and I assigned the english menu to it. I noticed that the default template.css was loading everytime AFTER the template-en.css overriding the english logo. So, I removed the !important bit from the template.css logo style and now it works OK. But it is not the correct way of doing this since it will be overwritten on the next update.
    2. As soon as I deleted the cookie domain and path from the configuration file, the homepage menu item started working as expected. I don’t know why and how.
    3. Still pending

Manos K

digimouse Friend

OK, problem with logo solved in the official way. Thanks for this doc:
    http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/wiki-ja-t3v2-joomla-2-5/customization#Extra_themes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  digimouse 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum