Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I started to develop a new Joomla! site (on LAN webserver) from JA Events template quickstart a couple of days ago (I made sure I downloaded it once again to incorporate component updates).

It showed that I have JAEM v1.5.2, so I upgraded to v1.5.3. After that many of language strings became not converted through the language file. I checked the language file and it had errors (no underscores, only about 170 lines). I went and found the language file from the v1.5.3 install and overwritten the old one (new one has the underscores and is 351 lines).

Now, some of the strings do not show correctly. Some examples I can see rightaway are as follows:

NO_NEW_VERSION_FOUND_IN_S

YOU_HAVE_SUCCESSFULLY_UPGRADED_FROM_VERSION_FROM_VERSION_TO_VERSION_TO_VERSION_AT_TIME

Perhaps an error in the language file? How can I check it?

Bülent Özden

Harikalar Kutusu Friend

I just tried the same thing with Community Plus template (quickstart). Same result…

Somehow update of JAEM through JAEM trashes the language file. Rollback does not work.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello mate,

It’s a bug of JAEM since it does not update new language file.
    Please download the install package of JAEM, then copy language file to your language folder to solve this bug.
    I will fix this bug on next version.

Best regards,
    ThanhNV

Harikalar Kutusu Friend

Thank you 🙂

I’ve just got a language file from Support, installed it. First it did not change anything, but after I check the updates everything is fine.

It seems that you keep the strings in the database, so they need to be refreshed…

Thanks again, problem solved.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello bozden,

The previous check update result is cached on database

boatlove Friend

my site have the same problems :((

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  boatlove 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum