Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

After you upgrade to joomla 3.4. The frontend white screen with this error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modChrome_xhtml() (previously declared in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/novo/templates/system/html/modules.php:89) in
    /home/xxx/public_html/xxxr/novo/templates/uber/html/modules.php on line 108

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI
    Do Not update Your Joomla to 3.4 or Do not install JA Uber template on Joomla 3.4 .
    Currently JA Uber is not compatible with Joomla 3.4 . Please wait for its official update for Joomla 3.4 .
    Always take a full backup of your site before update.

stulaine Friend

A suggestion the the folks at JA.

You should move to communicate in front of you clients and notify your clients if there are potential issue with a point release. Send an email and post it as a sticky in the forum. Just a suggestion.

Not to hijack this thread but another example would be the T3 framework that is currently at 2.4.4. Should we be upgrading or not. Again perhaps the best way to handle this is to have a sticky forum message that states what versions of what components you have tested to with at least recent templates. Would you rather 50 of us ask you that or simple post it so we know.

Thanks for listening.

charles99 Friend

I have to agree with Stulaine! Knowing this would have saved me tons of problems! I had to move one of my client website to a completely new Template!

And asking a client to wait for a fix is almost impossible… So not having any information from Joomlart just adds on to all the things that keeps going wrong with Joomlart! Please don’t lose sight on this simple fact… Most of your users are running a business and the fee you ask for does require you to provide the service outlined and on a timely fashion! And when you can’t take the time to let your users know! We all understands things can happen that may delay the release of a new template or update. But leaving your paying customers in the dark is the problem that keeps happening!

So can you please take the time to just outline what template and plugin works with Joomla 3.4 and whats to come(the next upgrade) Because I have clients thats asking me to upgrade their system and I don’t have a clue on when Joomlart will be offering a fix?

And thanks Stulaine for hijacking this post, because you posted what a lot of users are thinking, as they search the forum for answers..

Phill Moderator

Joomla 3.4 was only released a 7 days ago so time is needed for testing of all JA extensions and templates with updates as required. That is a lot of templates and extensions to got through which I am sure you can appreciate is a big task.

When upgrading, it is always prudent to take backups and preferably test upgrades on a test environment first. As a professional that is always the preferred route. It is also always prudent to check if versions are compatible first and that is something lacking here as the docs simply state Joomla 3 compatible. I will drop Arvind a line and see if JA can place warning notices in the docs or something similar.

I’m going to test UBER now on my local setup and see how it works with J3.4.x as I have yet to experiment. Mod Chrome seems to be where the error is coming from.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@stulaine 460973 wrote:</em><blockquote>A suggestion the the folks at JA.

You should move to communicate in front of you clients and notify your clients if there are potential issue with a point release. Send an email and post it as a sticky in the forum. Just a suggestion.

Not to hijack this thread but another example would be the T3 framework that is currently at 2.4.4. Should we be upgrading or not. Again perhaps the best way to handle this is to have a sticky forum message that states what versions of what components you have tested to with at least recent templates. Would you rather 50 of us ask you that or simple post it so we know.

Thanks for listening.</blockquote>

While I fully stand with you on this but I have to disagree on one thing, upgrading without taking backup is something no one would recommend. Taking backup is the fundamental rule in web development. Not a single announcement of version release from our side goes without the advise of taking backup and steps to upgrade.

The team is in full swing for the monthly template release due to be out on march 5th (if all goes well). J 3.4 testing and updates is next on high priority.

I shall put it in the forum headers to request members to take backup before upgrading to J 3.4.

On the positive side, We at JoomlArt are planning big changes to address the difficulties of members, which includes changes to membership plans too. Do expect a email from me in few days about the same asking for feedback before going ahead with it.

Arvind

Phill Moderator

I’ve done a few tests and it seems JA UBER does work out of the box with the quickstart upgraded to J3.4. Please could you
    send me a PM with ftp and admin details so I can Investigate further. The logons provided in the thread do not appear to currently work.

stulaine Friend

Phill et. al.

Thanks for moving the suggestion forward. Backups as you noted are prudent and should be normal procedure before an upgrade and if you don’t then you only have yourself to blame. But if JA knows it is not compatible or suspects that it won’t be then it is best to notify. You have lots of options to do that. Further, as part of this open source community and leveraging it for commercial value it would make sense to have perhaps run some basic tests on the beta release that was released mid February. Just a suggestion.

So back to part of my hijacking this thread do we have an answer on T3. In a template like Uber is is released under various versions of components. T3 is one of those and it moves forward on its own schedule. JA points to the new releases. So the question remains for T3 and other components on if we should upgrade to newer releases. Again my suggestion is a basic sticky at the top of each forum template (at least those in the past year) with a list of what versions of what components are compatible with T3 being an important one.

Thanks for listening and look forward to hearing more. I am betting quite a bit on UBER right now.

Stuart

Phill Moderator

Even if a beta is tested, with Joomla there are always code changes and additions for the stable release. So far my personal testing with Uber and J3.4 has been positive. I have tried a number of PHP versions and all the variations of the template on my local test setup and all seems to be fine. Having said that there have been a few reports of issues, some have been third party conflicts and others we have yet to resolve due to lack of information such as this thread.

It is unusual for a point release to have problems, the Joomla team are very careful not to introduce anything where possible. In the event of an issue we are here to help and will work with each user to solve any issues that may arise. All JA extensions and templates, including T3, will be worked on as quickly as possible should any major bugs arise.

Tech-xml Friend

I was out some days.
    It is possible to upgrade to joomla 3.4?

bowman999 Friend

3.4 works fine for me. I upgraded from 3.3.6 to 3.4, then to 3.4.1. I’ve had no major issues.
    I can’t be the only one it’s working for can I? 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bowman999 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum