Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi

I have installed JA-NewsFlash but it gives the following errors when the page loads.

Hope you can help

Regards
    Murray

Errors
    —————
    Notice: Undefined variable: items in /home/offroad2/joom/modules/ja_newsflash/ja-newsflashloader.php on line 263

Notice: Undefined variable: firstnew in /home/offroad2/joom/modules/ja_newsflash/ja-newsflashloader.php on line 280

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/offroad2/joom/modules/ja_newsflash/ja-newsflashloader.php on line 280

Notice: Undefined variable: splitter in /home/offroad2/joom/modules/ja_newsflash/ja-newsflashloader.php on line 285

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$Itemid_link in /home/offroad2/joom/modules/ja_newsflash/ja-newsflashloader.php on line 206

ShannonN Friend

yarrum;15668Hi

I have installed JA-NewsFlash but it gives the following errors when the page loads.

Hope you can help

Regards
    Murray

Errors
    —————
    Notice: Undefined variable: items in /home/offroad2/joom/modules/ja_newsflash/ja-newsflashloader.php on line 263

Notice: Undefined variable: firstnew in /home/offroad2/joom/modules/ja_newsflash/ja-newsflashloader.php on line 280

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/offroad2/joom/modules/ja_newsflash/ja-newsflashloader.php on line 280

Notice: Undefined variable: splitter in /home/offroad2/joom/modules/ja_newsflash/ja-newsflashloader.php on line 285

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$Itemid_link in /home/offroad2/joom/modules/ja_newsflash/ja-newsflashloader.php on line 206

I’d suggest you uninstall and then reinstall it and see if that solves it? if not then post back and we;ll try other options, Dl the latest version from teh site also in case thee has been any updates

Cheers ShannonN

imaginante Friend

i get the sama problem.

Please help

ShannonN Friend

imaginante;15778i get the sama problem.

Please help

same problem? try same solution

Cheers ShannonN

yarrum Friend

Hi Shannon

I have unistalled the module,
    download it again from ja and installed
    …. but I get the same errors as above.

Regards
    Murray

lisas Friend

I wish someone would respond so we can get it fixed. Would be great for my site if it would work correctly.

ShannonN Friend

lisas;19582I wish someone would respond so we can get it fixed. Would be great for my site if it would work correctly.

what have you done to solve it ? lisas?
    instead of wishing someone would solve it, helps us by posting a live url so we can look at the site in action

If you want the site to work correctly you have to know what your doing and try a few things yourself we can’t wave wands and get it happening

qbali JATC

who is in actually responsibility to give us the solution for our problem ?

ShannonN Friend

qbali;19692who is in actually responsibility to give us the solution for our problem ?

What actually is your particular problem with Ja newsflash?
    To answer your actual question on support responsibility . . . .

In theory as it is a JA extension the JA developer who is responsible for making it has the responsibility to answer technical questions about it, but he doesn’t seem to be available so any of the community that feels they can help, or support the poster usually tries their best to answer questions etc

You can of course understand that while many here use the extension successfully they may not have the technical ability to answer some questions

ncrc Friend

<blockquote> Problem with JA-NewsFlash
    Hi

Hope you can help

Regards
    Murray

Errors
    —————

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$Itemid_link in /home/offroad2/joom/modules/ja_newsflash/ja-newsflashloader.php on line 206</blockquote>

It seems most of the problem lies in this little section:
    If you use a text editor like TextPad you can view the file and actually go and look at what that line of code says. .

// check if any results returned
    if ( $numrows ) {
    $curnews = intval( mosGetParam( $_REQUEST, 'curnews' ) );

srand ((double) microtime() * 1000000);
    while (true) {
    $flashnum = rand( 0, $numrows-1 );
    if ($flashnum != $curnews) break;
    }
    $row = $rows[$flashnum];
    }

$Itemid = $mainframe->getItemid( $firstnew->id, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 );

$row->introtext = textprocess($row->introtext);
    $row->fulltext = textprocess($row->fulltext);

if(!$splitter) {
    echo "<div id="ja-newsflash">";
    ja_output_newsflash( $row, $params, $access );
    echo "</div>";
    } else {
    echo $splitter.$flashnum;
    }

?>

Could be a permissions problem .. .

Do you have ANY published content? It seems that it might be creating a Page Preview but cannot find either the ItemID of the content or it doesn;t have the rights to create it???

Who is your hosting provider? Is it a new site? Old site w/ new template setup? Have you checked your permissions? What is the URL of the site so we can test. Is this the ONLY module you are having trouble with? Have you checked your error logs? Web Server Error Logs?

royal_lancer Friend

<em>@ncrc 19703 wrote:</em><blockquote>It seems most of the problem lies in this little section:
    If you use a text editor like TextPad you can view the file and actually go and look at what that line of code says. .

// check if any results returned
    if ( $numrows ) {
    $curnews = intval( mosGetParam( $_REQUEST, 'curnews' ) );

srand ((double) microtime() * 1000000);
    while (true) {
    $flashnum = rand( 0, $numrows-1 );
    if ($flashnum != $curnews) break;
    }
    $row = $rows[$flashnum];
    }

$Itemid = $mainframe->getItemid( $firstnew->id, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 );

$row->introtext = textprocess($row->introtext);
    $row->fulltext = textprocess($row->fulltext);

if(!$splitter) {
    echo "<div id="ja-newsflash">";
    echo "</div>";
    } else {
    echo $splitter.$flashnum;
    }

?>

Could be a permissions problem .. .

Do you have ANY published content? It seems that it might be creating a Page Preview but cannot find either the ItemID of the content or it doesn;t have the rights to create it???

Who is your hosting provider? Is it a new site? Old site w/ new template setup? Have you checked your permissions? What is the URL of the site so we can test. Is this the ONLY module you are having trouble with? Have you checked your error logs? Web Server Error Logs?</blockquote>
    i have the same problem…but couldnt find the solution for it. have you solved?

qbali JATC

as my experienced to this rochea, i just uninstall the simple image gallery and the newsflash will work well, if you have simple image gallery the newsflash will never work,
    i don,t know why. but this tricks works for me

hope this help

mwbarker Friend

<em>@qbali 22605 wrote:</em><blockquote>as my experienced to this rochea, i just uninstall the simple image gallery and the newsflash will work well, if you have simple image gallery the newsflash will never work,
    i don,t know why. but this tricks works for me

hope this help</blockquote>
    Not true; I have Simple Image Gallery PRO (not sure if there is a difference because I am using PRO) and newsflash does not output any errors.

swemmel Friend

mwbarker;23365Not true; I have Simple Image Gallery PRO (not sure if there is a difference because I am using PRO) and newsflash does not output any errors.

In SIG Pro you can choose between different popup-engines, in SIG free not. Maybe that is the difference. Maybe the popup-engine of SIG free is not compatible with the jscript that is used with newsflash.

Peter.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  swemmel 16 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum