Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I can’t install Mendozite with demo content. Any one know how to do it?

After installation my page is look like this: http://stampbet.pl/

TomC Moderator

<em>@5k18a 323183 wrote:</em><blockquote>I can’t install Mendozite with demo content. Any one know how to do it?

After installation my page is look like this: http://stampbet.pl/</blockquote>

Did you remember to click the “Install Sample Data” button during the installation process?

Check THIS TUTORIAL for the complete step-by-step.

😎

lucavicini Friend

Just a comment.
    There are more sample data files. The one you have installed is the “Blog sample data”. In order to have the site as close as possible to the demo, you have to install the “default sample data”

Cheers
    Luca

mbittle Friend

I installed the default sample data during installation, but still the demo images do not appear. I’ve checked to make sure images are where they are supposed to be (images/demo/slideshow) but still no images appearing. This is right out of the box, but no prize at the bottom. http://www.capapa.net

TomC Moderator

This issue has actually been discussed many times, but here it is again . . .

You are not going to see the same demo images within your quickstart installation that you see in the demo version on our demo servers. This is due to image licensing restrictions from/with the image vendor from whom JoomlArt obtain images for the demos. Instead, JoomlArt provides placeholder images (with indicated dimensions as those of the demo versions).

So, in fact, the quickstart installation process seems to have installed as it should for your site – and your site development process can now begin.

mbittle Friend

I would buy that explanation except for one thing – when I replace the demo placeholders with real images, in the folder where they are supposed to be, the demo placeholders still appear. The Slideshow is not drawing from the folder the Quickstart set up for that purpose.

The module says it is drawing the images from images/demo/slideshow but when I check the placeholders on the front page, it says they are in /images/resized/images/demo/slideshow – so what’s a guy supposed to do?

TomC Moderator

Which folders are you putting your custom images – and are you making sure you are configuring the appropriate modules and/or articles with/for the new image names correctly?

mbittle Friend

Like I said – this is right out of the box. I haven’t touched anything except look at the front page images. Replacing those placeholders in images/demo/slideshow should have resulted in new images on the front page, right?

TomC Moderator

<em>@mbittle 323445 wrote:</em><blockquote>Like I said – this is right out of the box. I haven’t touched anything except look at the front page images. Replacing those placeholders in images/demo/slideshow should have resulted in new images on the front page, right?</blockquote>
    Not necessarily ….. If you didn’t name your new images correctly, then the indicated files/path within the slideshow module may not be pulling the images correctly. You should always check all elements involved for a particular function – just in case.

If you do have then named correctly, and the file path is correct within the respective module and/or article configuration, then try clearing both the JAT3 cache and your browser cache – as there may be data elements clogged up that are preventing your new images from displaying.

mbittle Friend

Clearing cache worked. I had done it once with no effect, but then logged out and back in, and presto. Thanks.

TomC Moderator

<em>@mbittle 323451 wrote:</em><blockquote>Clearing cache worked. I had done it once with no effect, but then logged out and back in, and presto. Thanks.</blockquote>
    Yah … it can be a real annoyance sometimes, can’t it? Glad that did the trick through.

All the best with your continued site development.

seal6 Friend

I’ve got a problem after quickstart installation… joomla shows “404” with all main menu items, and same after loggin to the administrator panel – tried to install a couple of times and still same – here is the sample http://www.ot.wyspykanaryjskie.org. Had anybody problem like that before? Any solutions?

seal6 Friend

<em>@seal6 324776 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve got a problem after quickstart installation… joomla shows “404” with all main menu items, and same after loggin to the administrator panel – tried to install a couple of times and still same – here is the sample http://www.ot.wyspykanaryjskie.org. Had anybody problem like that before? Any solutions?</blockquote>

Ok solved – think the quickstart have bugs

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  seal6 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum