Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

My page (with j teline template) in firefox looks nice, but in i.e 7 the images slightly overlaps text. How i can fix this problem? Please sent me an answer.

TomC Moderator

Internet Explorer can be a pain in the neck, no doubt about it. Though [url=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/dealing-with-ie6-special-hackcss/

thcaps Friend

Thanks for the answer. I will try it and meaby ask again (sorry for the bad english).

Menalto Friend

If you are dealing with many problems regarding IE6 and IE7 there is three ways(maybe more, but i have three i use that suits me perfect).
    1: If the problem is a small one and no need change alot of code you can add this in the index.php file above the </head> tag.NOTE: I add both the code for IE6 and IE7 below here:

<!-->
    <style type="text/css">
    .clearfix {height: 1%;}
    img {border: none;}
    </style>
    <!-->

<!-->
    <style type="text/css">
    .clearfix {display: inline-block;}
    </style>
    <!-->

If you have a custom layout and need to tweak it to perfection you might wanna add a separate stylesheet for IE6 or IE7(Here you need to make two new css files and add them to the css folder with the specific names for each browser:

<!-->
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl(); ?>/css/ie6.css" type="text/css" />
    <!-->

<!-->
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl(); ?>/css/ie7.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <!-->

But at the end of this, IF there is just some small adjustments needed and youre really someone that needs things to be 100% and no hacks or anything there is just to recode the parts that dont work, it requires more work to get done but possible.

thcaps Friend

Mr Menalto, many many thanks for your advise. With your help i don’t have problem with i.e. 7!!!

TomC Moderator

Jeez . . . . Didn’t I help even a little?

:((

thcaps Friend

sorry Mr tcraw1010. I find Mr Menalto answer, more easy for me.

TomC Moderator

Yep … because it’s all about the “easy way,” isn’t it?

thcaps Friend

Mr tcraw not only template is a starting point. My ability to use joomla is to at starting point too. By the way, after a new installation of joomla the problem inverts. In firefox the photo, overlaps text and in ie the all situation in good. (Sorry for the bad english).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thcaps 15 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum