Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

It is problem with email label in default contact form for new joomla 1.6 and t3 framework.
    In files default_form.php and default_contact.php there is COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_EMAIL_ADDRESS string, that is not in language files.
    I solved my problem by changing this string to JGLOBAL_EMAIL. It works, but I do not know if it is right solution.

Ninja Lead Moderator

dear mamancho,

Its ok if you do that. but you should add a new line in language file with the key COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_EMAIL_ADDRESS, thats a tip to avoid possible conflicts with current system.:)

mutinyzoo Friend

same problem here using local (user) theme with ja_t3_blank template and i have tried all kinds of configurations with language folder.

all of the form labels except email are coming up with tag names. any ideas?

mutinyzoo Friend

also form will not process with following error:

Field required: Name
    Field required: Email
    Field required: Subject

mutinyzoo Friend
    juanpablolg Friend

I have the same problem, and visit the link above in which is mentioned a file called default_form.php but I don´t see the link to download it.
    Could anyone help me to get this file please?
    A lot of thanks!

portugaonline Friend

I use joomla 1.7 and i have some problems with com_contact, in this version of JAT3 2.0.

This strings appears in my form:

COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_REQUIRED
    COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_EMAIL_NAME
    COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_MESSAGE_SUBJECT
    COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_ENTER_MESSAGE
    COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_EMAIL_A_COPY

These strings are no longer used by joomla 1.7

I saw the file ( /plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/html/com_contact/contact/default_form.php ) and have these strings.

portugaonline Friend

<em>@portugaonline 264459 wrote:</em><blockquote>I use joomla 1.7 and i have some problems with com_contact, in this version of JAT3 2.0.

This strings appears in my form:

COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_REQUIRED
    COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_EMAIL_NAME
    COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_MESSAGE_SUBJECT
    COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_ENTER_MESSAGE
    COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_EMAIL_A_COPY

These strings are no longer used by joomla 1.7

I saw the file ( /plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/html/com_contact/contact/default_form.php ) and have these strings.</blockquote>

Problem solved, installed the latest version 1.3.2 of the framework and was working.

juanpablolg Friend

Thanks portugaonline, I will download it now.

juanpablolg Friend

I have installed JA T3 Framework 1.3.2, and my forms don´t works. Still show me:
    * Field required: Name
    * Field required: Email
    * Field required: Subject
    My site is joomla 1.7 and I use JA Community Plus template. I review the link above but I don´t can understand:

“My workaround is to replace the following file:

<your Joomla installation>/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/html/com_contact/contact/default_form.php

with the attached patched default_form.php file.”

Wich attached file?

Thanks for your help friends !!

vunh27 Friend

<em>@juanpablolg 267354 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have installed JA T3 Framework 1.3.2, and my forms don´t works. Still show me:
    * Field required: Name
    * Field required: Email
    * Field required: Subject
    My site is joomla 1.7 and I use JA Community Plus template. I review the link above but I don´t can understand:

“My workaround is to replace the following file:

<your Joomla installation>/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/html/com_contact/contact/default_form.php

with the attached patched default_form.php file.”

Wich attached file?

Thanks for your help friends !!</blockquote>

I have the same problem, pleased help me !

portugaonline Friend

<em>@vunh27 281225 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have the same problem, pleased help me !</blockquote>

Upgrade to the new version, 1.4.0. and test again.

vunh27 Friend

<em>@portugaonline 281283 wrote:</em><blockquote>Upgrade to the new version, 1.4.0. and test again.</blockquote>

Thank you for your help.
    I’ve upgraded the newest version (1.4.0) but still have the same problem.
    You can reference my problem here : http://rongvietedu.co.cc/index.php/contact
    Thank you.

alexsidorov Friend

I am from Russia. I partially solved the problem with incorrect display of fields in the form of feedback. It’s easy. However, the problem of sending letters remained unsolved. I guess the way to solve this problem, but more on that at the end of this letter.
    I have the following configuration:

Database Collation utf8_general_ci
    PHP Version 5.2.17
    Web Server Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) PHP/5.2.17
    WebServer to PHP Interface apache2handler
    Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.1 Stable [ Ember ] 2-Feb-2012 14:00 GMT
    Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
    JA_T3_Blank JoomlArt.com Template 2.5.0 10 Feb 2012 5 days ago JoomlArt Updates
    JA T3 Framework JoomlArt.com plugin 2.5.0 Feb 2012 2 weeks ago JoomlArt Updates

And I have same problems.
    First, you must go to “Extensions-Language Manager-Overrides”.
    Click “New”. In the right window you have to select “Constant” check-box and paste into search field string:”COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_EMAIL_NAME”.
    In the search results you have to click “COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_EMAIL_NAME_LABEL”. In the left window appears the record. You must remove _LABEL and click to “Save & New”. Repeat with next string. The string “COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_REQUIRED” you have to make manually. In field “Text” you will might write anything. Now you can see normal feedback form. But sending letters is impossible. We only change displaying form.

A possible solution.

For the final solution to this problem, you need somewhere to fix framework. I think, and it was confirmed that the values ​​recorded in the data fields remain in these fields, and to send mail, you need to write these fields fall into the “right cell” (with a LABEL on the end). I think that for the upstream developer is no difficulty.
    I hope that my answer will help solve this problem.
    Thanks

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Hi alexsidorov

In T3 version 2.5.0, we didn’t override com_contact markup, so it work normally like Joomla core.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  alexsidorov 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum