Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Dear support, two days ago I updated Joomla to the last available version (3.5.1) and I also updated the Teline V template and JACM module with the last releases. I fixed some minor problems (due to some customs I made outside the custom.css file in the past), but I’m having a major issue I’m not able to solve. In my website (www.epadova.com) I used the JACM module to build all the sections, hiding the links in banner-1 position, to show in that position different modules. See attached file joomla348.jpg as example.

Now, after the update, all the modules set in banner-1 position are not shown, and the main article is shown in full-width. See attached file joomla351.jpg as example of the live website.

How can I show again my modules in banner-1 position?

Thanks in advance, Federico

1. joomla348
    2. joomla351
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Federico,

You can update the login credentials of your site: Admin & FTP account so I will have a look.

fbernardello Friend

Dear @saguaros,
    thanks in advance for your help!
    I updated the information in the first topic with Joomla Admin userrname and password, and the FTP account to be used.

Regards,
    Federico

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Federico,

It looks different from our demo site. May I know which module is calling that ‘banner-1’ position?

fbernardello Friend

Good Morning @saguaros, I see; since the JACM module set in "Magazine – Featured News : style-1" configuration is not giving the chance (and the field) to point out a module for the "sidebar poisition", the workaround was made in Joomla 3.4.8 by code.

I didn’t register the solution in my archive, but looking for it again (2 minutes ago) into the forum I found this: https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-disable-in-the-new-section-and-move-everything-else-in-the-side-bar-up-the-pag/

I can try the solution suggested.

F.

fbernardello Friend

Dear @saguaros, I tried to apply the solution shown in the linked topic: https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-disable-in-the-new-section-and-move-everything-else-in-the-side-bar-up-the-pag/

"modifying layout by opening ja/templates/ja_teline_v/acm/news-featured/tmpl/style-1.php find and remove line 166->177"

<?php if ($show_block_links_title) : ?>
    <div class="magazine-section-heading">
    <h4 class="line-head"><?php echo $block_links_title; ?></h4>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <!-- Links -->
    <div class="magazine-links">
    <?php foreach ($links as $item) : ?>
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.link.default', array('item' => $item, 'params' => $aparams)); ?>
    <?php endforeach; ?>
    </div>
    <!-- // Links -->

Unfortunately nothing changed. All my modules set with banner-1 position are still not shown.
    I wait for your feedback.

Regards,
    Federico

fbernardello Friend

Dear @saguaros,
    have you had the chance to check it?

Based on what I read on the forum, I’m not the only one with this problem:
    https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/banner-on-homepage-sidebar-instead-of-morenews/

Regards,
    Federico

pavit Moderator

Hi @fbernardello

Did you looked at my post HERE ? it is solved now

fbernardello Friend

Dear @pavit,
    I did it, but you marked your reply as private, so if there is a solution I can’t read it.

F.

pavit Moderator

I did it, but you marked your reply as private, so if there is a solution I can’t read it.

Check again now

fbernardello Friend

Dear @pavit, this is my situation: 1 – The solution you provided has some problems: my modules in banner-1 position are not shown properly (see attachment as example),
    2 – In any case, the solution seems to be working only in home page. In all my other pages, if I set in JACM a number of links different from zero, I always see a white space instead of the banner-1 modules.
    3 – if I restore the "/templates/ja_teline_v/acm/news-featured/tmpl/style-1.php" file I used with Joomla 3.4.8, my modules in banner-1 position are properly showned, but ONLY in home page. I can’t understand why they are not visible in all the other pages.

Now, I disabled my modules in banner-1 position, and set back the n. of links in JACM module to zero.
    You can do the opposite (again) to reproduce the problem.

Thanks for your help, Federico

1. ex-err01
    pavit Moderator

Ciao @fbernardello

Penso che ossiamo considerare questo topic come risolto.

fbernardello Friend

Ciao @pavit,
    sì, chiudi pure questa richiesta.

Grazie,
    F.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fbernardello 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum