Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

In the demo, 3 articles are shown in the main content box on the front page. The are aligned one below each other. I have seen other sites using Genista that look the same way.

On my site, when I mark 3 articles to be shown on the front page, they do NOT show up this way. The first article shows up just as in the demo. But all articles after that are split into two columns, and it looks terrible because there isn’t even any padding between the columns.

Is this an option that should be set somewhere? What am I missing?

mfcphil Friend

can you add a link to your site so we can see

mfcphil Friend

You may need to go to your menu editor and alter the following

# Leading
    # Intro
    Columns

Play around with these and you should get the result you are after.

sequenceinc Friend

See! I knew it was something obvious. Thank you!!!

hearts Friend

I have something sorta like this. I have articles that are shown on the front page. The articles have a special menu associated with them. When I view the article from the menu link, the article shows up with the special menu. When I view the article from the front page either by clicking on the article title or on read more, the article takes on the menu properties of the front page and not the special menu. Any ideas? Here is a link:

Click on Blog on the menu and compare it to the blog on the front page:

http://www.hearts-at-home.net

Thanks!

sequenceinc Friend

I think I can help you with this. Which way do you prefer it to look? The whole article like when you click on the article title? Or the way it shows up when you click the side menu?

hearts Friend

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I want only the “Blog” article to display the menu properties the same as the side menu option/top menu option of Blog. I want the other articles on the front page to maintain the menu properties of the front/home page. We are treating the one article titled Blog differently than the other articles so we want it to take on the Blog menu properties. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hearts

sequenceinc Friend

I don’t think there is a way to do that because the way the articles are shown on the front page, you are automatically linking to the full article, rather than a list of articles. The menu items are able to take you to the list of articles, but that can’t be done with that part of the article you’re showing on the front page. Sorry….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sequenceinc 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum