Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I was hired for a re-structuration and re-design of my client site informeconstruccion.com. If u look at the footer, the T3 copyright have a link to the last (and fired) designer studio. I know how to change that, but i dont know what i should put in it in order we do not infrige copyrights laws. What should i change? what can i remove? what should i keep? and how do i this?

Thank u in advance, cheers, Daniella.

TomC Moderator

So you’re speaking specifically about the T3 LOGO image, yes?

Your client wants this removed from the site, correct?

nsca Friend

i’m talking about all the logos and links that we must keep. When i took this job, the only logo that i could see was the T3 one. They would prefer to remove them all, but i dont know if i can do that with our licence

TomC Moderator

<em>@nsca 311243 wrote:</em><blockquote>i’m talking about all the logos and links that we must keep. When i took this job, the only logo that i could see was the T3 one. They would prefer to remove them all, but i dont know if i can do that with our licence</blockquote>
    You can remove the T3 logo at the bottom very easily . . . .
    – Go to your Template Manager >> Profiles >> General Settings
    – Select “No Show” for the Footer T3 Logo” field

As for the general copyright removal/modification . . . .

With A JATC STANDARD Membership, you can remove JA copyright information with condition that you purchase Copyright Removal license – which is separate from your JATC Standard membership fee. With this package you can remove our footer “Designed by JoomlArt.com” and changed it to “Designed/Powered by YourCompany” as well as other reference to JoomlArt.com.
    The Copyright Removal fee structure is as follows:
    Copyright Removal for 1 domain: USD $40
    Copyright Removal for 2 domain: USD $70
    Copyright Removal for 3 domain: USD $90

With a JATC DEVELOPER MEMBERSHIP, no additional fees are required.

nsca Friend

My client dont want pay another licence, can you put them back?

TomC Moderator

<em>@nsca 311246 wrote:</em><blockquote>My client dont want pay another licence, can you put them back?</blockquote>
    Can your client provide proof of their previous copyright removal license?

nsca Friend

No, they have nothing. I will explain the situation cause i dont wanna be envolved in a problem because of a situation that wasn`t caused by me or my client.

Two weeks ago my client hired me to redesign and migrate an offline website. The design study with whom they were working left the site offline and they wouldnt answer the phone nor mails, So there is where the client hired my design study (nosaleconagua.com) so we can finish the things they leave undone. They gave me a .zip with the FTP backup, the old DB and a screenshot of the last time the site was online. So with the screenshot i found out which template the other studio was working with and i purchased this license. I hired a new hosting, and installed a quickstart package, then i create a new DB and sync it with the old one, replaced the instalation files in the FTP. After all that, the site can looking at, is the result of all the things i told u before.Checking for mistakes and configurations of the site i found out that the footer wrong, because of that, i started this thread. i dont know how the other design study worked if they have their own license or if the do things illegaly, i always work correctly respecting laws and regulations, so i dont want to be involved nor my client, in this because we are trying to do things as they are supposed to be done. You can check all this by checking my posts in here for the last 3 weeks.

So, how can i put back the footer?

nsca Friend

Hello!

So… What should i do?

TomC Moderator

<em>@nsca 312101 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello!

So… What should i do?</blockquote>
    Whose JoomlArt account was used to acquire the template for your client in the first place?

nsca Friend

My client was never warned that he had to pay a licence. Maybe it was included in the budget and under other studio’s name, o perhaps it was being utilised illegally, but they never knew anything about that matter. By the time they hired our studio, the were warned about the copyright issue. I just want to fix the footer and fix it as it is supposed to be. I repeat, i can respond for things my competitors did with whom i have no contact. I grab a DB that didn’t have a licence, came here and buy one before putting the site online. No w i realise they don’t have a footer and I’m asking you how to put it. I can answer for what i did and do because all I’m doing here is absolutely legal. But i cant answer for my competitors actions. When the site was creates i didn’t even know about the existence of my clients. i met them 10 days ago, now u tell me how i am supposed to know the user name of my competitors, do u know the user name of yours?. I’m not the legal representative of my competitor, in fact, if u want u can sue them, the only thing I’m asking here is for u to answer the questions I’m asking here regarding the fixing of the site, everything i did with the site, is backed up by legislation, i paid the licence before putting online the site and i can prove i did it. The things u r asking me, are not really matter of my incumbency, coz i cant respond for others legal obligations, the actions u should take against the other studio, which was hired by my client thinking they were going to do everything according to the legislation, is a thing that exceeds my competence.

So, how can i put back the footer?

globalchin Friend

*********MOD NOTE : TEXT REMOVED **************** asking $40 dollar for copyrights removal sound too good.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@globalchin 312567 wrote:</em><blockquote>*********MOD NOTE : TEXT REMOVED **************** asking $40 dollar for copyrights removal sound too good.</blockquote>

Please read the FAQ under JATC (Joomla template club) membership sign up page : http://www.joomlart.com/member/signup.php?tab=joomla

T3 logo is optional and can be safely turned off from the template backend.

@glocalchin : Our asking for fees to remove copyright is our policy and members signing up for membership are bound to it. It is otherwise not fair to developer members who pay more to get these privileges.

All the members are expected to follow the guidelines and work within the limitations set by each membership level.

Arvind

nsca Friend

Hello, i have news.

today i recived a mail from my competitors, asking me to put their footer back, linking to their studio. So now i know the studio who is responsable for infringing your copyright. I have mails that demostrate they where the ones who made the changes that started all this legal mess. Ill translate you, but i want to make clear that im not a native english speaker so my translation may differ from the actuall written things, thats why i ll also attache the original mail in its native language.

——————————————

We have noticed that in the website we originaly made, denominated “informeconstruccion.com”, in which we included modifications over the original template y designed ads banners, we can check that in the footer you are including the name of your studio as the original website developer.
    We ask you to modificate that digital sign as soon as posible in order to avoid legal issues
    thank you.

Saluda Atte.
    Holaestudio | ComunicaciĆ³n Visual
    hola@holaestudio.com.ar

———————————————————-

We want to make clear that our studio idea is not to erase your logo from the footer, but to add our. Is that possible?
    As we know that is imposible to you to tell us how to put back your logo, we ask you to add it back for us, you have all the acceses to make it.

1. mail
    Arvind Chauhan Moderator

hi nsca,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Our forum notification emails were not working. So did not receive your reply. The domain in question

“informeconstruccion.com” is not registered for copyright removal or for license. So using JA Template on that domain is technically illegal. Tell the same to your competitor.

We may ask the hosting provider to remove the site / template as it is illegal, however, to avoid harassment of the client due to your issues with the other developer, we may delay the process so that you both may reach an understanding. Either one of you has to register the domain to use JA products.

To restore the footer back to normal, you can refer the template files and update the default code.

nsca Friend

Ty Drarvindc! But we already purchased a standard membership to use in one domain (informeconstruccion.com) I do have a licence!! Ive paid 59 USD for one! But i did not purchase a removal licence, so i want to put back the footer and now ill do that.

Ty, and can you check again my licence? cause i paid for it, i just forgot to register the domain :/ so i recently register it because i didnt know that i have to do it twice. Now the domain is licenced, and i ll try to put back the footer as it is supposed to be, please be patient with this because i dont want to lose all the website configuration.As you can see we are trying to do things by the book, fixing all my competitor errors and improvisations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum