Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I tried to update to Joomla 2.5.0 hit the following error messages:

JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL DB function failed with error number 1060
    Duplicate column name ‘ordering’ SQL=ALTER TABLE `rmt57_languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;
    SQL =
    ALTER TABLE `#__languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;
    Files Update: SQL error file DB function failed with error number 1060
    Duplicate column name ‘ordering’ SQL=ALTER TABLE `rmt57_languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;
    SQL =
    ALTER TABLE `#__languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;

Any ideas how to fix this?

swissa Friend

I haven’t seen this error message before so can’t be specific. I hope you have a backup in case you need to restore,

However, reading through the forums there are a couple of things you can try.

Firstly clear ALL cache. Joomla and browser. From what I have read kill the browser and start it again can help.

There is a new tool in 2.5 located at Extension Manager. Click on tab Database and then top right click Fix.

I have no idea if this will help just offering some of things I have seen to clear problems. Obviously it is all at your own risk!

instantinlaw Friend

Hello, If the above doesn’t help, see this post. It may solve your issue; http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/update-to-joomla-2-5-0-with-teline-iv-problems/#post-435953

swissa Friend

<em>@instantinlaw 297458 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello, If the above doesn’t help, see this post. It may solve your issue; http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/update-to-joomla-2-5-0-with-teline-iv-problems/#post-435953</blockquote>

Cool.

either should also clear the problem with admin icons being in a list not a table layout.

limeweb Friend

The new 2.5 Database fix button solved the problem. Thanks to both swissa and instantinlaw.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  limeweb 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum