Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

finally uninstalled joomlart template from my site infomidwest.com and installed template from rockettheme.

reason was no one couldn’t resolve issues which was going on.

also just sent request to joomlart for to refund my money.

chavan Friend

What is your Problem, Please explain

chicagouser Friend

i cant. because i dont want to make you sad

chavan Friend

Post your issue here. we are there to help you.

George Pitaru Friend

Chavan,

Part of his problem was this: please see the attached image. When I go on my website georgepitaru.com the Top Menu overlaps with the logo. Now, that doesn’t happen everytime, this is why you’ll probably go on my website, see that it looks good, and then post here that there’s no problem. We are not making s**t up just for the fun of it. Please trust us when we say there is a problem. In my case, if I click on the logo, the menu goes back to normal.

I am almost sure the problem is not with Joomlart, but with this so called STABLE version of Joomla! 1.6. I am on the brink of installing Joomla!1.5 version, but I’ll see….

1. Screen-shot-2011-04-29-at-1.01.23-PM
    Phill Moderator

It is an odd one that we have been through in a couple of threads. So far 3 of us have been unable to replicate this but there could be an option. If you could email me an admin logon along with an ftp account I will see if I can add a few !important tags to various text sizes and hopefully we canprevent the problem you are seeing. With it being so hard for me to replicate it will leave you to do the testing though.

George Pitaru Friend

Phill,

I just sent you a private message. Thanks again for your support! When you start looking into the problem, please assume that I’m not trying to waste your time with fake issues. The overlaping of the Top Menu with the logo happened at home, on a Macbook Pro laptop – using Firefox and at work, on 3 Mac Pros – using Firefox as well. Safari does not have this issue.

PS: I’ll test this on a Windows based machine, under Firefox, but I thing there’s no problem on Windows….

Phill Moderator

George,

In your other threads I was not trying to suggest you were doing that (wasting time) whatosever. I was just trying to get to the bottom of your problem. By stating that I could not replicate your problem I was hoping that someone else may be able to.

Thanks for your PM. I have disabled css optimization. Please can you see if you get a problem with that disabled.

P.S – Love the waves shots. As a keen windsurfer and an ex pro photographer I love a good wave shot.

George Pitaru Friend

I was just trying to state that this is a real issue. Perhaps I didn’t quite choose the right words. I’m sorry for that; I didn’t actualy think that you’ll see us as jokers, wasting your time. It’s just the language barrier – ESL from Eastern Europe. Anyhow…please see below:

So I fired up Mozilla and the problem seems to be gone (for the most part). I tried it on 3 MacPros and it looked fine. On a forth one the menu was again overlaping with the logo. It’s such a weird issue and for the fact that it can’t be replicated makes me think it’s not worth it to try to fix it, although I’ll do some more tests when I get home tonight.

I was doing some reading online (on company time) about Joomla 1.6 and from what I understand there seem to be lots of problems with the code. I think this is where the problem lies, and not with JoomlArt.

Thanks for the comments about my wave shots. It is such a beautiful location, that even an iPhone camera would take great wave shots there.

Phill Moderator

OK, after much trying I was once able to replicate your problem once but only when css optimization was enabled. I am convinced that when it is disabled there will not be a problem. On your 4th machine it may be that you were seeing a copy of the site either when I was mucking about or that you still have a local cache/temp internet file on that machine. Please clear it and see if there still is a problem.

If you continue to have a problem tell me and I will escalate this to the devs. You will have to be patient as they do not work weekends on the whole.

As for your English it is very good (where exactly are you from?). Being from the UK we have a lot of Eastern Europeans here so I am used to the challenges of language. It has been a good thing for the UK as people are starting to realise that we just cannot sit back and expect everything to be handed to us on a plate but we need to work for it. Eastern Europeans seem to have a great work ethic on the whole and of late have really been showing us how we should be.

Finally the J1.5 vs J1.6 debate. If you don’t need ACL stick with J1.5. J1.6 is only a few months old and a lot of work is still going into it. Hopefully by J1.7 it will be a lot more stable but I am sticking with J1.5 for the time being.

George Pitaru Friend

Indeed here, at work, your fix seems to work. I don’t even know what css optimization does, so I’m good without it. Thanks again for your fast support resolving this issue!

I’m from Romania, living in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Eastern Europeans in general have a bad name, in part cos of the gypsies, but what the hell! We are all citizens of Planet Earth.

I went for J1.6 because from what I understand you can’t update from J1.5 to J1.7 unless you do a fresh install. I am hoping that once they put some more work into it and come up with a much compatible and stable version, I’ll just update and live happily ever after.

I guess we can close this thread as solved.

Phill Moderator

CSS optimization joins together and compresses all the css files. Problem is sometimes 2 conflict with each other especially when third party components come into it. Same goes with javascript compression but the problems can be even worse. If in the future you find you have issues with dropdowns or anythig that uses javascript take a look at the optimization in the template manager.

Good luck with your site. Marked as solved.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum