Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello

I have a problem with k2 filter. I have an extra field that is a multi-select list with 250+ fields. In the k2 filter plugin that extra field is selected as drop-down selection.

The k2 item is about an online shop and the extra field is about what manufacturers the eshop sells (yes there are 250+ manufacturers to choose from). The items that have the problem have 30-60+ manufacturers chosen by me at backend through the multi-select extra field.

At front-end the user uses k2 filter module, goes to drop-down selection of the extra field and chooses to search for k2 items-eshops that sell this 1 manufacturer they’re looking for.

Now here’s the problem, from my testing I’ve found that if the specific extra field for an item ends up having more than 278 characters (because at backend i chose many manufacturers), any search for a manufacturer that is beyond the 278 chars will not result the item.

In other words, the item will be found only if you search for a manufacturer that is in the first 278 chars of the extra field (mind you, some extra fields end up with 900+ chars because of many manufacturers chosen by me at backend)

Any ideas what might be causing this?

p.s. 278 might not be the exact number of chars. I dit extended testing and that was the best I could come up with. However I believe it is a problem that can be easily recreated, so you can see it for yourselves if you like (no need to ask me for login details… please)

sakattack Friend

Ok, so I managed to “fix” it.

The magic number was not 278, but 255…sounds familiar?

_Ja_k2extrafields table had varchar(255) for the value. All i had to do was go to /plugins/k2/jak2_indexing.php lines 51 & 89, changed varchar(255) to varchar(2000), dropped the table, reindexed through the plugin and everything is as i want it to be…meaning all of the manufacturers (values in an extra field) are now searched accordingly.

Hope it helps any1 that bumps into the same problem.

jooservices Friend

Thanks for the great solution 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum