Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Search has always been a strong point with Teline, but T5 is horribly askew. The search results appear at the bottom of the front page, mixed with out frontpage content. I need it to appear on its own separate page. This is a critical usability problem.

thangnn1510 Friend

Hi ithacaindy!

This is quick fix for the problem:

– Open: templates/ja_teline_iv/html/mod_search/default.php

– Add this code:

<input type=”hidden” value=”” name=”Itemid”> between line 48 and 49.

Hope this helps you.

walkysss Friend

this doesnt work with version 1.2.3(last one ) this going to work if you add :
    <input type=”hidden” name=”option” value=”com_search” /> (47)
    <input type=”hidden” name=”task” value=”search” />(48)
    <input type=”hidden” value=”” name=”Itemid”/ >(49)

It seems like on the last template there few lines missing (47)

stinger2010 Friend

Please, after which line do i need to put these codes? I try to put in 47,47,49 line but my site went off (my editor generates a space line after any code line). Telle me exactly after which code text i need to put thats codes?
    Thanks.

walkysss Friend

This was a copy paste from my site .im using the last version 1.2.3…

stinger2010 Friend

Please, can you tell me exactly after which line of code i need to put codes you reffered in previous post, for example, after line: switch ($button_pos) :

walkysss Friend

here we go :from my site

1. search
    stinger2010 Friend

Thanks for your support. I have applied above codes and it works, but css is broken. See pictures below:

1. search-problem
    walkysss Friend

check this out and tell us if its work

1. search-1
    stinger2010 Friend

<em>@walkysss 214164 wrote:</em><blockquote>check this out and tell us if its work</blockquote>

No, thats not work.
    There is another problem: Broken CSS is still remains after i have removed added codes and purged cache.

walkysss Friend

template.css
    you shoul have this

#ja-search {
    border-left: 1px solid #CCCCCC;
    border-right: 1px solid #CCCCCC;
    height: 26px;
    right: 0;
    top: 0;}

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@stinger2010 213827 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please, after which line do i need to put these codes? I try to put in 47,47,49 line but my site went off (my editor generates a space line after any code line). Telle me exactly after which code text i need to put thats codes?
    Thanks.</blockquote>

inside <form> tags, so it can look like:

<form class="search" method="post" action="index.php">
    <label for="mod_search_searchword">
    Search </label>
    <input type="text" value="" size="25" class="inputbox" id="mod_search_searchword" name="searchword"><input type="submit" class="button" value="Search"> <input type="hidden" value="com_search" name="option">
    <input type="hidden" value="search" name="task">
    </form>

jaxartists Friend

<em>@hungnd 214247 wrote:</em><blockquote>inside <form> tags, so it can look like:

<form class="search" method="post" action="index.php">
    <label for="mod_search_searchword">
    Search </label>
    <input type="text" value="" size="25" class="inputbox" id="mod_search_searchword" name="searchword"><input type="submit" class="button" value="Search"> <input type="hidden" value="com_search" name="option">
    <input type="hidden" value="search" name="task">
    </form>

</blockquote>

I have teline IV template version 1.2.1 – The search don’t work. The code here does not match what’s on the default.php.
    Why is it not working. What is your instruction to fix this?>:(

steinar Friend

<em>@jaxartists 218700 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have teline IV template version 1.2.1 – The search don’t work. The code here does not match what’s on the default.php.
    Why is it not working.</blockquote>

You will probably be well adviced to update to the current version of the template – version 1.2.4.
    🙂

jaxartists Friend

<em>@steinar 218759 wrote:</em><blockquote>You will probably be well adviced to update to the current version of the template – version 1.2.4.
    :)</blockquote>

I upgraded but still the same, search don’t work, I found out that SH404SEF is causing it, I uninstalled the component and search works. Is there a fix to this? I need SH404SEF on the site but also need search to work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jaxartists 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum