Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I am using JA Beranis with the layout showing the (mega)menu on a fixed position on top-left of the contents (with other words, with the predefined “home-style” layout as proposed in Template Manager).

I find it indeed great to have the menu permanently visible on large screens (ergonomy).

But still I have discovered an annoying bug with this menu.
    It is *not* linked to my site: the same behaviour is to be found on the demo site.

Let me explain :
    If you click on any menu item *having submenus*, great : a little black arrow showing the selected menu item .
    But if you click on any menu item *having NO submenus, problem : the little black arrow showing the selected menu item… is aligned in front of the Home menu item.

A screenshot will be more explicit than my wording.
    See hereafter :

1. 2013-12-19_10h36_00-OK
    2. 2013-12-19_10h36_19-NOK
    TomC Moderator

Can you provide the url of the site you’re working on – so we can try to take a closer look?

woluweb Friend

Sure !
    Here it is :h ttp://181.224.129.4/~ajpds021/index.php/fr/contact
    But you can also just use the quickstart of Beranis or the Demo Joomlart, it is not specific to *my* website 🙂

Txs Tom,

Marc

PS : by the way, the style of the standard Joomla Contact form seems to be overridden by the template (order of the tabs, color of tabs when hovered, text in English that I don’t have on other templates). Where can I find these customization of Contact Form by Beranis to try and correct that ?

phong nam Friend

Hi Marc,

Once again, thank you for your feedback. This is a small error of displaying the black arrow to highlight the current active item on the vertical menu of JA Beranis template. In your case, you can solve this issue with 2 ways:

1. Creating the custom.css file in templates/ja_beranis/css/ path and put below override css styles into:

/*Correct the black arrow position on current active menu item*/
    .t3-mainnav.vertical-nav .navbar .nav > .active:before {
    top: auto;
    margin-top: 20px;
    }

2. If you love to work with .less file, you can open templatesja_beranislessnavigation.less file at 368th line, change:

.navbar .nav > .active:before {
    content: "";
    width: 0;
    height: 0;
    border-top: 10px solid transparent;
    border-bottom: 10px solid transparent;
    border-left: 10px solid @grayDarker;
    position: absolute;
    right: -5px;
    top: 20px;
    }

to

.navbar .nav > .active:before {
    content: "";
    width: 0;
    height: 0;
    border-top: 10px solid transparent;
    border-bottom: 10px solid transparent;
    border-left: 10px solid @grayDarker;
    position: absolute;
    right: -5px;
    margin-top: 20px;
    top: auto;
    }

Then Compile Less to Css. And remember to backup this file before editing.

Updated: I have discussed with our template developer about this black arrow and they confirmed that it is used to stick the Vertical menu on the left of the template, not for positioning the current active menu item. It is not an error of template here.

The suggested codes are just used to get your personal requirement only.

woluweb Friend

Hi Leo,

I apologise for being late giving you feedback, but Christmas time, some holiday etc.
    By the way, I wish you all a happy 2014, full of templates as usual 🙂

But now I’m back to serious things.

1. position of little arrow next to lateral menu

The CSS hack to correct the position of the little arrow next to the lateral menu works perfectly !
    Too great ! Many thanks !!!

Still, I am not totally convinced by the explanation of the developers that it is a functionality and not a bug : indeed, if it were meant to stay always on the same fixed position, it would not then still change position (as it does by default) for each and single menu item *which has a submenu*.
    Anyway, I am now personally totally helped, but for the other users, I would still consider either to integrate the fork you gave me, either to have the arrow never following the selected menu (now it is a sort of mix).

2. layout contact form
    By the way, my subquestion here remained unanswered. Any suggestion ?

The style of the standard Joomla Contact form seems to be overridden by the template (order of the tabs, color of tabs when hovered, text in English that I don’t have on other templates). Where can I find these customization of Contact Form by Beranis to try and correct that ?

UPDATED
    Well, it seems I had missed some threads of this forum alreay solving this question.
    See the excellent answer here :
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/contact-form-change-text/

Still some styling problems still arise, as the default_adress.php file contains some errors in the icons. So here some corrections for some fields (sorry, the other fields I did not need, so I did not make a global check of the file. But adapt the same way I show here :

Code was (excerpt) :

<?php if ($this->contact->telephone && $this->params->get('show_telephone')) : ?>
    <div class="contact-address span4">
    <div class="<?php echo $this->params->get('marker_class'); ?>" >
    <?php echo $this->params->get('marker_telephone'); ?>
    <span class="jicons-desc"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_CONTACT_TEL_DESC') ?></span>
    </div>
    <div class="contact-telephone">
    <i class="icon-print"> </i>
    <?php echo nl2br($this->contact->telephone); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if ($this->contact->fax && $this->params->get('show_fax')) : ?>
    <i class="icon-mobile-phone"> </i>
    <?php echo $this->params->get('marker_fax'); ?>
    <span class="jicons-desc"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_CONTACT_FAX_DESC') ?></span>
    </div>
    <div class="contact-fax">
    <i class="icon-phone"> </i>
    <?php echo nl2br($this->contact->fax); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

and this code should have been

<?php if ($this->contact->telephone && $this->params->get('show_telephone')) : ?>
    <?php echo $this->params->get('marker_telephone'); ?>
    <span class="jicons-desc"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_CONTACT_TEL_DESC') ?></span>
    </div>
    <div class="contact-telephone">
    <i class="icon-phone"> </i>
    <?php echo nl2br($this->contact->telephone); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if ($this->contact->fax && $this->params->get('show_fax')) : ?>
    <?php echo $this->params->get('marker_fax'); ?>
    <span class="jicons-desc"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_CONTACT_FAX_DESC') ?></span>
    </div>
    <div class="contact-fax">
    <i class="icon-print"> </i>
    <?php echo nl2br($this->contact->fax); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

Marc

phong nam Friend

Hi Marc,

Glad to see you back. Happy New Year to you too 🙂

As you might know the black arrow also confused me the first time when I checked out the HTML markup element when our devs defined it within the .active class of 1st menu item. I reminded our devs to select a clearer and separated class to display the black arrow on Verticle Menu next times.

For the contact layout form, it would be great if you can reply the above-mentioned thread with your workaround, then other JA members with the same issue can benefit from it. Again, thank you very much and wish you the best in 2014!

woluweb Friend

<em>@Leo Burnetts 405956 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Marc,

Glad to see you back. Happy New Year to you too 🙂

As you might know the black arrow also confused me the first time when I checked out the HTML markup element when our devs defined it within the .active class of 1st menu item. I reminded our devs to select a clearer and separated class to display the black arrow on Verticle Menu next times.
    </blockquote>
    Oh ohhhh, new version of Beranis has just been published ! (version 1.0.4)
    Still the behaviour of the little black arrow has not been improved (it is still “always next to first menu item if any first-level menu item selected, but next to the selected first-level menu item if one of its sub-items is selected”). Waouw, I make nice sentences, a bit heavy, but technically clear I hope.

<em>@Leo Burnetts 405956 wrote:</em><blockquote>For the contact layout form, it would be great if you can reply the above-mentioned thread with your workaround, then other JA members with the same issue can benefit from it. Again, thank you very much and wish you the best in 2014!</blockquote>

Good idea, I’ll copy my remark in that thread 🙂
    Update : done !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  woluweb 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum