Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have Joomla 2.58 installed and am simply trying to add the T3 Framework by installing plg_system_jat3v3.v1.0.3.zip and then installing the blank template. When I go through the Extension Manager and attempt to install the plugin, I receive the following error:

This has happened on two of my sites. The first one, I ended up doing a complete install with joomla w/ the T3 Framework (quickstart). I am trying to get away without reinstalling Joomla, because I can install Joomla much quicker via Softaculous than uploading all the files to a directory on my remote server and installing that way. (Besides, I will be stepping some non-techie people through the process, so the simpler I can make it, the better! :laugh: )

Thank you for your time.

1. Install-Error
    Ninja Lead Moderator

I’m not quite sure what modifications you have done on your installation but you can try my suggestions

+ Try to install other extension on your site
    + Upload image with the same size with plg_system_jat3v3.v1.0.3.zip plugin
    + Change package name from plg_system_jat3v3.v1.0.3.zip to plg_system_jat3v3.zip and process to install it again

Let me know the result of each case

rigwald Friend

Hi Ninja!

I have done no modifications yet to a new site, trying to troubleshoot the plug-in install.

Now, as per your instructions:

1) Installed GCalendar for Joomla – No issues!
    2) When I try to upload a 2.5 Meg picture, it errors saying “The file is too large to upload.”
    3) Renaming the file gives the me same error listed in the initial post.

Thanks for you help!

Ninja Lead Moderator

<blockquote>2) When I try to upload a 2.5 Meg picture, it errors saying “The file is too large to upload.”</blockquote>

The most common reason for this problem is that the File you have uploaded is too big.
    The File Size Upload Limit on your Server is set too low to allow larger files to be uploaded. By
    default PHP allows files up to 2 MB, but you can set to 8 MB to get rid of this error.

If you have access to the php.ini, then change the directive upload_max_filesize to “8M”
    and reload the server configuration.

If you are running PHP in CGI mode on Apache, you can place an .htaccess file in your
    Joomla! root directory and place the following code inside:

php_value upload_max_filesize 8M

This will solve the problem

Scott Lavelle Friend

I had this issue initially as well.

Try to up your php file upload size. If you have whm/cpanel on your server, you can do this through the php configuration editor and in the basic settings, locate the upload_max_filesize parameter and make it bigger. It defaults to 2M, which is too small. Up that to 4M and you should be good.

If you are doing this manually, you will need to adjust the php.ini file, assuming you have access to do so and know the path of the file being used.

Does that help?

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

rigwald Friend

Thanks to both of you for the info. Since I could not locate where to make the change via my cPanel on LunarPages (I went into phpMyAdmin and couldn’t find the setting), I attempted to add the line to the htaccess.txt in the Joomla25 folder (where it is installed). I am seeing no change. Is there something that I need to do to Joomla to recognize the change in the htaccess file? Should I put it in the administrator folder as well? I tried logging out and logging back in, but the error persists (with a picture of over 2 MB). :-[

I opened a ticket with LunarPages asking how I can make the change myself, because I will be helping 9 other teachers set up a basic website using Joomla and LunarPages, so I will need to show others how to do it (or do it for them ahead of time).:eek:

Scott Lavelle Friend

Rigwald,

It’s not through phpmyadmin, which is used to edit database info/stucture/table content. Rather, this is the php.ini file that needs to be modified.

Here’s a link from the Lunarpages wiki that tells you what to do: http://wiki.lunarpages.com/Increase_php.ini_Upload_Limit

Hope that helps.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

rigwald Friend

Thank you to both of you. It did the trick! While I can do it, I doubt my non-techie teaching colleagues can, so I guess I will be doing this for all their sites to get them ready.

Thanks again for the wonderfully helpful help!
    😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rigwald 11 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum