Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello
    I’m using Joomla 3.3.6 and PHP 5.3. I have a problem with some extensions like GK4 WEATHER, JSN PowerAdmin and Fieldsattach for joomla 3. When I try to install them, as soon as the package is fully uploaded, it tries to execute the installer and instead of showing the message “module/plug-in/component successful installed” it shows: error “Forbidden You don’t have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server. Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at informeconstruccion.com Port 80”.
    I’ve used them in many sites before and never had this problem!
    Searching for a solution, I’ve found in some support forums that this extensions are not compatible with some Joomla installations like Quick start that are not downloaded from Joomla.org like the T3 Bs3 Blank package, that I’m using in this case.
    I have this problem with many modules!
    You can see it in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vVPj2EWZ5c&feature=youtu.be
    What can I do to solve it?
    Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

It’s weird as the quickstart package has the same function/ behavior as default Joomla package, the only difference is that it includes sample data.

First of all, you can have a test with a fresh Joomla installation and install above 3rd party extension to make sure that there is no problem from these extensions.

If the problem still persists, then there is something wrong with the permission on your site as the error message indicates. The recommended permission for files/folders should be: file-644 and folder-755

nsca Friend

Ty! Which permission should be for configuration.php?

Saguaros Moderator

As I mentioned above, the recommended permission should be file:644 and folder:755 . It’s best if you contact your hosting in case you don’t have permission to change or is not the fileowner.

BTW, all of above extensions are 3rd party exts, you should ask their providers for helps 😉

austenn01 Friend

As mentioned above

1) install default Joomla install and try to install all of those extensions…if you have the same issues, then the issue has nothing to do with JoomlArt templates.

2) more importantly, your error message is telling you that you have a “permissions” issue. Therefore, jump into your ftp client like FileZilla, and check the permissions for the file/ folder mentioned in error message…if the folder isn’t 755 or the file is not 644, then you need to change the permissions. Also if this is the case, you need to run through and reset/change all files to 644 and folders to 755 in case you have more files and folders that have the wrong permissions. There are many tutorials online for this and your host can do it for you as well.

Also, if these missions are wrong, then Yu do need to report it to your host,as they may have a miss configuration due to updates etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  austenn01 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum