Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi I have a problem displaying the desktop layout on ipad and iphone JZite – Joomla 2.5, the site diplays properly on android and fits on screen but gets cut on iphone and ipad (actual size) – please help…

Ninja Lead Moderator

So that I can take a look and try to assist, please provide the url of the site you’re working on

jacqueline stott Friend

Hi can i send to a private email address?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@jacquis 379771 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi can i send to a private email address?</blockquote>

Yes, I have received your pm.

I quickly checked the problem on your site and see css responsive on JA Zite Template doesn’t include on your site. You can fix it as my suggestion below:

Open templates/ja_zite/etc/layouts/default.xml file

From

<stylesheets>
    <file media="only screen and (min-width:980px) and (max-width: 1235px)">css/layout-normal.css</file>
    </stylesheets>

Change to

<stylesheets>
    <file media="only screen and (max-width:719px)">css/layout-mobile.css</file>
    <file media="only screen and (max-width:479px)">css/layout-mobile-port.css</file>
    <file media="only screen and (min-width:720px) and (max-width: 985px)">css/layout-tablet.css</file>
    <file media="only screen and (min-width:986px) and (max-width: 1235px)">css/layout-normal.css</file>
    </stylesheets>

Remember to clear cache from Admin area.

If you don’t solve this problem you can pm me admin access and ftp account of your site. I shall check it for you.

jacqueline stott Friend

Hi, i actually removed the 3 lines of code, as to disable it from being responsive – so i dont want it to be responsive for now (it gave me a few problems since i tried to customize the template) – iam on a deadline so the client is happy with the site site displaying desktop mode on mobile or tablets…but the iphone and ipad doesn’t fit the screen (zoom out to fit)…can you help with that please and i will send you the login details via pm anyway…thank you so much for the superb support

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can try this way, hope it will help you to solve problem

Open templates/ja_zite/blocks/head.php file

from

<!-- META FOR IOS & HANDHELD -->
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no"/>
    <meta name="HandheldFriendly" content="true" />
    <meta name="apple-touch-fullscreen" content="YES" />
    <!-- //META FOR IOS & HANDHELD -->

<?php if (T3Common::mobile_device_detect()):?>
    <meta name="HandheldFriendly" content="true" />
    <?php endif;?>

Change to

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"/>

Remember to clear cache from Admin area

Let me know if it helps

jacqueline stott Friend

Hi, i did what you suggested and still no changes iam using this emulator : http://ipadpeek.com/

to test for iphone and ipad…

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@jacquis 379788 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, i did what you suggested and still no changes iam using this emulator : http://ipadpeek.com/

to test for iphone and ipad…</blockquote>

You can open templates/ja_zite/blocks/head.php file

and delete this code again

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"/>

Remember to clear cache from Admin area.

If it doesn’t work, you can pm me ftp account of your site. I shall check it for you.

jacqueline stott Friend

Hi Mr Ninja,

i pm’ed you the ftp account, thank you so much…

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@jacquis 379935 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Mr Ninja,

i pm’ed you the ftp account, thank you so much…</blockquote>

I have added directly on your site into head.php file

<blockquote><meta name=”viewport” content=”initial-scale=1.0; user-scalable=1;” />
    <meta name=”HandheldFriendly” content=”true” /></blockquote>

It’s working on Android device, you can check with other device again.

jacqueline stott Friend

Hi Mr Ninja,

The site has always been working on android, we would like it to work on iphone and ipad – i mean even the thread subject is “Problem displaying the desktop layout on ipad and iphone JZite – Joomla 2.5”

Ninja Lead Moderator

I have tested on your site with iphone. ipad and android device but it always shows fully and zoom out is very nice. You can try to clear cache your device browser and check it again.

ruunehaako Friend

Hi!

I have a similar problem, on my site http://www.feelfresh.se.

When using an iPhone (5), the full with of the screen is not used in landscape mode.

In vertical mode, images in blogs/contact are cut – both images inside articles and “article-images” (iPhone & iPad).
    The logo is also cut or off-center as shown in the picture. (iPad)
    I have changed the size of the logo i layout.css.

I have not tried the changes suggested in this thread, as I am not sure if my problem really is the same as the thread starter.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,
    Marten, Sweden.

1. feel
    phong nam Friend

Hi Marten,

<blockquote>In vertical mode, images in blogs/contact are cut – both images inside articles and “article-images” (iPhone & iPad).
    </blockquote>

You can make the article images on blog/contact page look better by putting below css styles into the end of templates/ja_zite/css/layout-mobile.css file:

.contact-image img {
    max-width: 100%;
    }

.blog .category-desc img {
    padding-right: 20px;
    }

<blockquote>The logo is also cut or off-center as shown in the picture. (iPad) </blockquote>

You can try to put these codes into the end of /templates/ja_zite/css/layout-tablet.css file:

h1.logo a {
    height: 80px;
    width: 92px;
    background-size: 100% auto;
    }

Remember to clear JAT3 cache after updating changes.

TzuChi Foundation Friend

Hi Ninja,

Urgent!

Do the method still applicable?
    I’m using ja zite quickstart 2.5.16, and updated to 2.5.27 currently.

I used the method mention here to disable the responsive featured
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/turn-off-responsive/

and what happen now is, my site couldn’t fit in to mobile phone an tablets portrait, and lose zoom in zoom out features.

What i wish to be is, the site appear as desktop layout at all devices with the zoom in zoom out features.
    Please, All are ready, just One more step to be done.

i could pm ftp or admin username & password. Thank you very much

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TzuChi Foundation 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum