Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Again now is the show time for the upcoming template.
    Let the pictures say for itself. More themes maybe available when the template is official released (schedule between 15-20 this month)
    Note: The below images has been resized to fit into the forum. You can browse true size images concept HERE

Theme 1: The Classic Dark

Theme 2: The Classic Light

Theme 3: The Sexy – Uhhmmmmm oh yes 🙂

Theme 4: Jean Tailoring

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!

Any great template. It really show Joomlart keep improving. Way to go, way to go! 🙂

questbg Friend

Looks quite nice, I like the denim theme. Just have to wait now until I can play around with the live Demo!

jsliao Friend

looks good. keep it up!

mae82my Friend

Look Good, something difference….:) hope it may be good as the preview is when it is on live… great job JA…keep it coming…hehe

SP Media Friend

I love you guys. The headers are a little dark in contrast though. Looks great. 😉

anisjolly Friend

looks very nice.

you guys have been busy!!

did you even have a break in december???

bennitos Friend

uuuuh looks good! i love the preview, cant hardly wait 🙂

wooohanetworks Friend

Yes, that is some good sh***, when I may say it that way….;) Especially the 3rd design really fits my style, I really like it with the pink spot in it… Fresh and slippy, one must take care not to slipslop and fall on this ice….:cool: Looks to my like “Jeepers Creepers, where did you get those “ice”……

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KeyiBF7Kcc

hanifahmed Friend

Looks really good!
    It’ll be good to see what people come up with it in the Showcase.

damian Friend

can’t wait ’til 2nd Januari 2009 release.

wooohanetworks Friend

From that template on I would implement IonCube Loader and a JA License Validation Component tool and member area licence key generator into the membership. This one will surely be loved also by a lot of non-payers. Meaning I even encourage JA to implement such tool also when a lot of people do not like the idea of IonCube Loader for license validation purposes. Like I wrote in my last post in the phpBB3 Template thread, this is the one option I like JA to use to avoid their property and our workstuff to be ripped and plundered around the internet by some foolish people.

anisjolly Friend

not a bad idea wooha!

however, we need to advise members about ioncube etc as some hosts (popular ones) do not provide support when setting up ioncube.

this could cause a prob for n00bs who have limited knowledge. we can’t provide support for ioncube as new users have to provide sensitive info to us (i.e. ftp deets etc) – which they might not want to and if JA decide to use ioncube in their templates – they have to provide support for the feature which JA might not be able to allocate resource for.

something which is not an easy decision.

wooohanetworks Friend

Well I use Strato, they work in several countries in Europe including Germany, Spain, Holland, France etc. and they have IonCube preinstalled even the vServers they offer. A vServer with 10GB Webspace costs 8,95€ a month, first 3 month free, perfect for anyone building a site from scratch, in the first 3 months, one can design and set up a site without already paying for the server.

The installation of IonCube is from what I read about also some sort of easy going and is simply some adding a .dll file to the server etc..

From my perspective should it be no way around using IonCube to secure the licensed only use of JA Templates. I mean, I also have to accomodate to any softwares minimum system requirements of my computer to run certain programs, and simply could not run those new ones when I have no 512mb of Ram etc.. So I say, users have to accomodate to the fact that quality can only be provided when certain requirements can be fulfilled on the side of the user.

As the protection of property from software piracy should not make life harder for users and we all are already complying to certain terms when we use other softwares including using e.g. Photoshop not from warez sites and like I do rather using PS Elements than using a cracked CS4 also when this one I would get for free;) I think to use IonCube Loader is keeping a good balance of requirements a user must comply to on the webspace and quality to await from Joomlart.com. To implement any hidden homephone functions like I read about on third party sites about JA is from my perspective inadequate. Users must be able to comply to things like IonCube and unique license generation as this is the only positive professional way to go. Still I stick with Joomlart.com and do not stay away from it also when I read many negative things about JA also from neutral third parties.

BTW, as you name me wooha, I did not think a lot about when chosing this username, so to me it is like “WOOOOHAA!!!” like “Go get it!!!” I hope you do not think I am standing in any relation to any wooha whatever this means, I also listen more to the kind of rocky and older music….

anisjolly Friend

putting all the points aside and turning this thing into a slanging match wooha, i’d rather concentrate my efforts in helping people.

installing ioncube is not just adding a simple dll file if you’re using a linux hosting account. you have to edit your php ini file which if you do incorrectly will completely break your whole site (and or make you open to the whole hacker network).

it’s simple to do if you know what you’re doing. On linux you have to upload cerrtain script files (on windows probably a dll) but again, you need to know what you’re doing to get it correctly installed.

I’ve been a programmer / webmaster / designer / developer for the last 10 years and I also look after the whole northern sector of the uk for a very well known international organisation here in the Uk for it’s new media comms – i found it quite fiddly and it took me quite a while to get it running.

Even the developers who developed the component tried to install ioncube on my hosting after i reluctantly asked for help due to my time limitations and they couldn’t do it and they tried for a week!!

And as mentioned, JA will have to then provide ioncube resource (staff) to answer these questions as the requirement to install ioncube is to give access to ftp’s, hosting space etc. I would NEVER give anyone access to a deeper level than giving access to my joomla backend as I serve over 2 dozen sites and if someone screwed that up trying to install ioncube – guess what happens?

there’s a lot of thinking that is required and i’m sure JA has already done this, hence not provided this service. in fact before you joined the JA network, this topic had cropped up many a time.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

This topic contains 33 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  antoniu1 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum