Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

The new structure is a step forward but sorry, this looks like exactly just more of the same visually as a dozen other JA templates. Bit disappointing I’m afraid.

I thought that the technical improvements of Teline 3 were a very positive step, but it seems mired with problems, and I was hoping it would lead to a fresh or more adventureous approach to the look of the templates produced.

Could it be that all the remedial work necessary on Teline 3 has impaired the development time with this one? If so thats understandable and should be honestly disclosed. If not then what is going on.

I sincerely expect the next one to take a new direction, there is probably time for another release before my membership is due for renewal, if its not something that seriously makes me take notice I think I may not be renewing my membership.

dawidt Friend

Ergohost, in my opinion it’s not easy to make everyone happy. Teline and Halite are two different templates and it’s fine for me. Thanks to that it’s more possibilities for developers.

Joomlart team, when clickable demo?:)

Phill Moderator

When you see this template live you will see a lot more than just the visuals have gone into it. There is a huge range of layouts possible and the speed is superb. Couple this with the mobile device functionality and I am sure you will be pleased.

ergohost Friend

<em>@dawidt 146460 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ergohost, in my opinion it’s not easy to make everyone happy. Teline and Halite are two different templates and it’s fine for me. Thanks to that it’s more possibilities for developers.

Joomlart team, when clickable demo?:)</blockquote>

Well forums are about expressing opinions and everyones entitled.

I hope so Phil, as you can tell I’m fairly dis-illusioned at the moment.

antoniu1 Friend

I think the template looks okay, it’s fine, but that’s about it.

Ergohost is right that this design is not as I would expect when switching from two to one template a month, claiming that then far more special templates would be available.

I AM happy to see that there is support for mobile phones though.

I would expect a bit more creativity from JA by now. I have been comparing Joomla designs with WordPress designs and I am amazed by the creativity and superb designs there. Same for HTML and CSS designs.

I once saw an overview of the 25 most creative Joomla designs and it hurt terribly. Now that the technical part is being taken care of, design is the the first and most important step towards adulthood for Joomla.

My opinion, don’t kill me 🙂

Cheers,
    Tom

matjkd Friend

Whereas this template may not look massively different from previous templates, i think it is the framework that is going to be an improvement on older templates.
    Visually its not that different from JA Ruby, but I don’t mind this as I used JA Ruby for my own site, and will be replacing it with this template for the benefits under the hood, rather than visual differences.

antoniu1 Friend

LOL Well in your case I understand your position. 🙂

Cheers,
    Tom

instantinlaw Friend

I for one like the simple templates because they are easy to modify, and I almost always modify them. After all, who want’s a template that 999 other sites are using?

In fact, when I’m done with a JA template it rarely even resembles the original JA template anyway.

Having said that, I do expect JA to wow us with some new and exciting designs now that they have a whole month to produce new templates.

I understand that after the release of Teline 3, JA is spending a lot of time on clean up, but that won’t fly 2 months down the road unless JA continues to raise the bar on upcoming templates.

I want to see more templates that will chalange my modification skills, and to be honest, that won’t be easy for JA to do.

What I would really like to see is a template with tons of positions, and the ability to choose from a selection of ready made layouts (not just left right), or to be able to create my own layout, and all within one template. No I’m not talking about drag and drop on the front end either (but maybe on the back end).

Anyway, I will most likely utilize this template, but come on JA, knock my socks off on the next one.

Please. 🙂

bradleyrush Friend

When do you suppose this will be posted for download?

thatcomputerdude Friend
    ergohost Friend

<em>@thatcomputerdude 147315 wrote:</em><blockquote>Demo is up!
    http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php</blockquote>

Interesting, on the whole it certainly does seem faster.

beadit Friend

I like the look of this a lot! I wonder how it will work with Virtuemart?

I would agree with other comments that JA seems to be lagging behind in the design aspects. Unlike many other real developers, I have no talent for design at all, so I take the standard template and drop most of the functions because they are not needed for my really simple websites but I could do with a hand on the design (look) of the website.

I still don’t really ‘get’ the JAVoice thing, Don’t shoot me down but I prefer the standard forum set up. Call me old fashioned.

ergohost Friend

The best use Ive seen for the likes of Voice is like some developers use, for example Kunena and Jomsocial, they both use a very similar system to enable users to suggest new features or modifications and for other users to add their weight to those requests, the developers then use the feedback for what direction to take their work in. To me it really seems more like a feedback and voting system.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  ergohost 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum