Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I have made a small menu that is in topbar-3 above my logo.
    The menu is Home, About Us, Support
    When the front page of the site is viewed, the Home text of this menu is highlighted with a background colour of the site’s primary colour. It is distracting. I would like to switch highlighting off for this menu.
    Is there an easy way using a menu suffix? I have tried "no-hilight" but that doesn’t work.
    Also, is there a way to place the font awesome icon for "home" to the left of the menu name?
    Thanks.

pavit Moderator

Hi

Try to add this to your custom.css file

.nav-pills > li.active > a, .nav-pills > li.active > a:hover, .nav-pills > li.active > a:focus {
    background-color:#000!important;
    }
    classixuk Friend

Thank you so much. That worked perfectly.

Would you also be able to answer the second part of the question, an easy way to place the font awesome icon for ‘home’ to the left of my topbar menu item for "home"?

many thanks

pavit Moderator

Hi

You can edit it in template manager -> Megamenu -> and add the fa fa-home in icon field

look at the image below

1. Screenshot_4-3
    classixuk Friend

Hi Pavit,
    I did this already but the changes don’t show up on the menu on my frontend website?
    Is there another setting I need to use?
    Many thanks.

pavit Moderator

Is there another setting I need to use?

Maybe if you can share as private reply a temp super user account to your backend i can have a look at it and suggest a solution.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum