Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I want to take the prize for my site this month, but I want to tweak a few problems and could use advice.

Site: http://tinyurl.com/4gvz4lm

I have the Teline II updated to all the latest with jaextensions manager. Do I still need to make IE tweaks that I see when I search on that?

Why IE?
    First, I just saw my site at a clients who was running IE8 on a PC. I have only seen the site on a Mac before…The dark blue type was much much brighter blue…ouch! Is this just the way it is? Other sites on that monitor didn’t look almost fluorescent.

Then a friend running IE7 says that the magazine menu drop downs don’t even work on that browser.

Newsticker
    I had my Fabrik consultant take the 1.0.3 version of mod_janewsticker and modify it so that it would accept input from Fabrik, draw squares of different colors for the different Fabrik input tables. It works well and is quick. With that and the basic Teline II and mod_lofarticlesslideshow and JEvents the site will load in 4 seconds.

I also started using mod_janewsticker to bring RSS feeds from different online magazines. It works great, but it also seems to add to the load time significantly. Perhaps the delay is based upon the time it takes to retrieve the feed. It also will affect the loading of the mod_lofarticlesslideshow (which loads very quickly if there are no RSS feeds being requested). But it will hang a page for many seconds if the RSS feeds are slow…I don’t really understand the relationship, but that seems to be the case.

The design of the site was really cool when the pages had several RSS different feeds…up to 6 or 8 appropriate to different Sections and Categories. But by adding them it takes the page load time up to 20 or more seconds sometimes. Even adding just a few adds 10 or more seconds…

Can someone see a way around this? Making the mod_janewsticker load last for example? I have to use 1.0.3 because anything after that doesn’t seem to work with Teline II.

Part II Newsticker
    If I place a newsticker into User 5 it screws up the tabs of the Popular and Videos mootools box…I have the mootools 1.2 update clicked.

Thanks…and if you have any other recommendations that will help me win the competition, I am open to ideas.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  joeflynn 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum