Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi all, apologies if my questions have been answered elsewhere in this forum.

I’ve been browsing your site for a few days now and have decided that I might like to purchase Ja Teline III as it most suits the Newspaper site that we are developing. However I am still unclear about some issues.

1. Do I need to join JoomlaArt to buy this template or can I just purchase the template outright?
    2. Do I have to continue paying yearly to use this template or is it mine for all time once purchased?
    3. Do I have to register my domain with JoomlaArt in order to use this template?
    4. Can I download this template physically to my computer and play around with it for testing purposes before our site goes live?
    5. How stable and reliable is Ja Teline III? For our business these are absolute requirements.

Thanks for your patience and help.

hacksider Friend

<blockquote>1. Do I need to join JoomlaArt to buy this template or can I just purchase the template outright?</blockquote>
    Yes, there’s different mode of licensing for single site user though, so no need to worry about this

<blockquote>2. Do I have to continue paying yearly to use this template or is it mine for all time once purchased?</blockquote>
    No, but if you wish to have updates, then you must have a membership

<blockquote>3. Do I have to register my domain with JoomlaArt in order to use this template?</blockquote>
    Yes and No, you can remain anonymous, but you can also show to the forum your site if you want to show it off! Anyway, registering the domain is optional BUT you must stick to the licensing options.

<blockquote>4. Can I download this template physically to my computer and play around with it for testing purposes before our site goes live?</blockquote>
    Yes, this is how developers do their works! I bet you wont go live until you think it is good enough for users to see dont we?

<blockquote>5. How stable and reliable is Ja Teline III? For our business these are absolute requirements.</blockquote>
    Templates are quite stable, and JA always make updates if there’s some irregularities. Of course, being stable also requires stable components, plugins, server and the latest joomla build.

jer1cho Friend

Thanks for the prompt reply Hacksider.
    Just one last question:
    Does the demo at this url http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#templates.joomlart.com/ja_teline_iii have any extra entensions installed or is this what I could expect from the default installation?
    Thanks again – jer1cho

jack705 Friend

I am alsonew here, i just liked the way you asked questions in numbers, and thanks for such detailed answers, i must say you answered beautifuly numberwise, thanks for help

hacksider Friend

As far as i know, the modules you see in the demo are included for each template (which in most cases accesible to all JA members (regular and developers)) except if it was a commercial plugin. I just dont know if they changed the way it was a year ago when my employer was a member here with developers license.

@jack

Thanks for the appreciation ^_^

Anonymous Moderator

Hi hacksider,

<blockquote>As far as i know, the modules you see in the demo are included for each template (which in most cases accesible to all JA members (regular and developers)) except if it was a commercial plugin</blockquote>

Thanks alot for the answer. Yes, I confirm that the above policy is still kept unchanged.

jack705 Friend

Well i like the way answers being given number wise, well i was facing same problems thanks for replies

relaxed Friend

<em>@hacksider 171435 wrote:</em><blockquote>

No, but if you wish to have updates, then you must have a membership

</blockquote>

I think that this is not fair. Because if i buy something from u i want that i have support for that. Also system of Membership it’s not fair, that’s my opinion. Example if I buy Windows 7 from microsoft, i don’t need to pay every 3-6-12 months to recive update from them. If i have legal software, i recive this benefits all time.

One thinh more, i love JA Teline III, and i dont wanna use or download other template from u. So if i wanna JA Teline III i must buy membership, why i cant buy only this one template and have all suport or detailed guide to set up my new web. ??

markdaviesfl Friend

<em>@jer1cho 171370 wrote:</em><blockquote>

5. How stable and reliable is Ja Teline III? For our business these are absolute requirements.

</blockquote>

I’ve run it for a couple of medium-sized businesses and had no problems whatsoever. You should find that it accommodates your needs nicely, provided that you get the fundamentals taken care of: server performance, removing obvious bottlenecks, latest releases, proper configuration, etc.

crazyleggs Friend

<em>@relaxed 186464 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think that this is not fair. Because if i buy something from u i want that i have support for that. Also system of Membership it’s not fair, that’s my opinion. Example if I buy Windows 7 from microsoft, i don’t need to pay every 3-6-12 months to recive update from them. If i have legal software, i recive this benefits all time.

One thinh more, i love JA Teline III, and i dont wanna use or download other template from u. So if i wanna JA Teline III i must buy membership, why i cant buy only this one template and have all suport or detailed guide to set up my new web. ??</blockquote>

You can’t make that kind of comparison. Look at microsofts business model with regards to OS. If they charged users to get upgrades, they would be out of business. There are too many other alternatives that users would turn to. If you called Microsoft up today because your having issues with your OS not working properly, what do you think their response would be? if you want support from Microsoft, you do have to pay for support! What other template club do you see out there that provides unlimited support without requiring you to upgrade your membership, service or support plan? I can see if it was a bug that causes a security issue, but why should you be allowed to get improvements to the templates on an indefinite basis? Just think about it!

The template club membership here is relatively cheap for what you get. I would encourage you to have a look at the other joomla template clubs, look at their business models, look at their templates and support level, do your comparisons, and then decide.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  crazyleggs 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum