Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have installed the plain template and find that I am unable to add front page content. Is this because of the newslight module?

I would like to use this template without any of the bells and whistles that the QuickStart has but can’t figure out why it won’t publish anything to the front page.

mj1256 Friend

go to you menu manager.

I don’t know if you are using 1.x or 1.5 but find your home menu item, then set the following parameters to
    leading -1
    intro – 0
    column -1
    links -0

that will turn the frontpage blog format off and you can them publish your one content item to show on the frontpage

you also can then just turn the module off anf that should do it

timgdixon Friend

MJ,

Thanks for the help. I’m using 1.0.13 and tried what you suggested but it did not work. I’ll keep plugging away and let you know if i have any success.

alougher Friend

I’d also like to know how to do this. I like the style of this template but I don’t want to use newslight and just want to use my one existing front page item. How do I do this?

Nam Nguyen Phi Friend

Hi all,
    to config as what you want, just only unpublish all modules in top position.
    Step: Modules -> Site module -> Select position -> top -> check all module -> unpublish
    Goodluck!
    regards.

mj1256 Friend

and you have to set the parameters for the home menu item as I stated above

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum