Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi I understand that the 5 positions (from user 1 to user 5) normally auto regolate their width depending on the number of published modules but i Would like to know if is it possible to act to fix the widht of them?
    Otherwise I have to use a custom module in user 1 position and try to adjust it by the use of tables.
    can anyone help me?:-[
    thanks
    Giorgio

TomC Moderator

Unless you modify the code for each position separately – as opposed to the way they are coded presently (pulling from the same CSS classes), then the only possible workaround solution I can think of – if you DO NOT need to utilize all five positions at the same time – is that if you use only a few and insert some custom HTML into one of those positions, the width will conform to the size of the graphic you assign to the position. (I’m not 100% certain about the height – though you CAN adjust this parameter via the CSS).

Does that make sense?

khoand Friend

Yes, I can. How do you want to change width of positions (ex: user1: 10%, user2: 30%, …)?
    <em>@stoneshadow 262218 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi I understand that the 5 positions (from user 1 to user 5) normally auto regolate their width depending on the number of published modules but i Would like to know if is it possible to act to fix the widht of them?
    Otherwise I have to use a custom module in user 1 position and try to adjust it by the use of tables.
    can anyone help me?:-[
    thanks
    Giorgio</blockquote>

n6rej Friend

don’t resort to tables. If you look in your template.css and u use firebug you can see which “class” is effected. For example .user1 or #user2 depending on the .css . Once you know that you can either set them to a percentile of width for parent container, OR set them to fixed width. Which ever your choose. Depending on the setting you might have overflow issues but these are all .css issues and take a bit to learn. You’ll find over time that firebug helps enormously with this.

stoneshadow Friend

Thanks for the answers
    My goal is to put a leaderboard banner in user1 and another module in another of the other position, so I need that the user 1 widht should be at least 728 px. What can i do?
    thank you

khoand Friend

You login backend > Extensions > Template management > ja_teline_iv > layout tab > edit default layout. Replace

<block name="topsl2" type="spotlight">user1,user2,user3,user4,user5</block>

with

<block name="topsl2" type="spotlight" special="left" specialwidth="74">user1,user2,user3,user4,user5</block>

<em>@stoneshadow 262478 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for the answers
    My goal is to put a leaderboard banner in user1 and another module in another of the other position, so I need that the user 1 widht should be at least 728 px. What can i do?
    thank you</blockquote>

stoneshadow Friend

Thanks khoand, your solution is fine and everything is working great:)
    I changed the prefix in solved

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  stoneshadow 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum