Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am using the quickstart package (which seems to be updated to Joomla 3.6). It is installed locally on Xampp 5.6.23 setup on my Windows 10 Laptop. I am using mainly IE 11.

The main problem

When viewing the homepage in IE 11 I do not see the blocks at Position-1, Position-2 and Position-3. The code is drawn to the page – as when I move my mouse over where the button should be the pointer changes and I can click. Also checking with IE Dev Tools (F12) I can see the code for the blocks. But they are not displayed. I checked with the same page in Firefox and they are displayed correctly. It seems to be a problem with using IE11.

Can anyone else confirm this ? And what would I need to change to make these positions visible ?

I notice that the online version of JA Healthcare also shows the same problem, but the offline version works correctly in IE11 on another PC using Windows 7.

I also noticed that Joomla shows an update for :

JA ACM Module installed : 2.1.0 available : 2.1.1

JA Extenstion Manager Component for J3.x installed : 2.6.0 available : 2.6.1

T3 System Plugin installed : 2.5.2 available : 2.6.0

I clicked the Joomla update but got the following errors for all the JA updates:

Update path does not exist.

Error updating COM_INSTALLER_TYPETYPE.

My files paths are correct in the Joomla config file. I carried out other updates and they worked.

I also double checked in the JA Extension Manager – but it says I have the latest versions installed ???? Is this a bug with Joomla 3.6.

D.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Dave,

Did you experience the same issue with our demo site here? http://ja-healthcare.demo.joomlart.com/index.php/en/

For the update messages, try to backup your site first and update our JA products via JA Extension Manager component, default Joomla update service is for free extensions only.

magnus.nord Friend

Hi!
    I have the same problem with Position 1, 2 and 3 that does not show on IE, even on joomlarts official demo page.
    Using developer mode on IE I could find the problem, it seems like the animation to fadeIn and turn the squares into 1 opacity does not work correctly.

This happens on the CSS rule

@media all and (min-width:992px) {
      .enable-effect .ja-inview [data-animation='fadeIn'].ja-animate, .enable-effect .ja-inview .fadeIn.ja-animate {
        -webkit-animation: fadeIn 900ms ease-in-out forwards;
        -moz-animation: fadeIn 900ms ease-in-out forwards;
        animation: fadeIn 900ms ease-in-out forwards;
      }
    }

@media all and (min-width:992px) {
      .enable-effect .ja-animate {
        position: relative;
        -webkit-perspective: 600px;
        -moz-perspective: 600px;
        perspective: 600px;
        opacity: 0;
        filter: alpha(opacity=0);
      }
    }

and

.fadeIn {
      -webkit-animation-name: fadeIn;
      animation-name: fadeIn;
    }

My workaround for now is probably just going to be to insert a custom css rule to always have 1 opacity until joomlart can find a solution.

Hopefully this helps someone having the same issue.

…..
    OK, this is weird, as I was writing this reply I refreshed the page and now the animation to do the fadeIn works correctly.
    …..
    After a bit more testing it seems like the animation does not work over 992px WHEN Internet Explorer is in windowed mode, however, when Internet Explorer is maximised, it works flawlessly…

Can anyone else confirm my theory?

Saguaros Moderator

May I know which version of IE are you using? We notice the IE support versions in this blog here: https://www.joomlart.com/blog/news-updates/important-limited-support-for-ie8-9-and-10

magnus.nord Friend

I’m using IE 11 11.0.9600.18499

EDIT:
    I’ll add my current workaround here, put it in custom.css

.t3-spotlight .ja-animate {
        opacity: 1;
        animation: none !important;
    }
    Saguaros Moderator

And it’s working now?

magnus.nord Friend

Well, it’s working but not like it is intended, this just bypasses the animation completely, on any webbrowser. So instead of having this nice fade in effect it just exist there normally.

I would like to see a real fix, but I can work with what I have at the moment.

Saguaros Moderator

Could you update the URL and admin login info of your site so I will have a look?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum