Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dear reader,

this template is perfect in almost every way! Great design and easy to use, to some degree. There are some problems however, where I find the template really overwhelming and unlogical:

1. The megamenu: I have created multiple submenus for the megamenu option ‘Producten’. I can create a submenu in the megamenu designer in the template manager, but for some reason it seems that I can’t switch the products around independently, like they need to stay in a certain order.
    2. I’m trying to create the portfolio template for the ‘producten’ page, but this only seems to work for articles in that category. Is it possible to include subcategories in the portfolio view? This way i can create a portfolio with all products in all categories.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Dennis,

Below are my answer for your concern:

1. You are right that you can’t change the order of menu items in Mega menu manager interface. But you can re-order these menu items via menu manager in Backend > Menus > Main menu, just drap & drop menu item to the order you’re comfortable with.

2. Actually, in that portfolio page, we just override the default Category Blog layout of Joomla thus it should inherit the based function of Joomla and it only supports to view content from one category only.

Hope this makes senses.

Best

dennisulijn Friend

Very helpful and quick reply!
    On the second question: In category blog i can select to show subcategories, this was actually the solution i was planning on using, but if there’s any possibility of doing this in portfolio… Portfolio looks a lot better.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Dennis,

You can try to add option so that articles from the selected category and its subcategories show in the blog. Here are steps:

– Open the file: templatespurity_iiihtmlcom_contentcategoryportfolio.xml

– Add this new <fieldset> inside </fields> tag:

<fieldset name="advanced" label="JGLOBAL_BLOG_LAYOUT_OPTIONS">
    <field name="multi_column_order" type="list"
    description="JGLOBAL_MULTI_COLUMN_ORDER_DESC"
    label="JGLOBAL_MULTI_COLUMN_ORDER_LABEL"
    >
    <option value="">JGLOBAL_USE_GLOBAL</option>
    <option value="0">JGLOBAL_DOWN</option>
    <option value="1">JGLOBAL_ACROSS</option>
    </field>
    <field name="subcategories" type="spacer" class="spacer"
    label="JGLOBAL_SUBSLIDER_BLOG_EXTENDED_LABEL"
    />

<field name="show_subcategory_content" type="list"

description="JGLOBAL_SHOW_SUBCATEGORY_CONTENT_DESC"
    label="JGLOBAL_SHOW_SUBCATEGORY_CONTENT_LABEL"
    >
    <option value="">JGLOBAL_USE_GLOBAL</option>
    <option value="0">JNONE</option>
    <option value="-1">JALL</option>
    <option value="1">J1</option>
    <option value="2">J2</option>
    <option value="3">J3</option>
    <option value="4">J4</option>
    <option value="5">J5</option>
    </field>
    </fieldset>

(you can also see in the attached file)

– Go to backend settings of portfolio blog menu item > navigate to Blog Layout option and configure as in screenshort: http://prntscr.com/2t7qwj

1. portfolio.zip
    dennisulijn Friend

Ahh, this was exactly what I thought should be possible, but am not familiar enough with Joomla. Perfect!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dennisulijn 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum