Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I am working with a quickstart 2.5 version and was changing the names of the articles displayed in the Portfolio section. I changed the first 2 articles and saved them with the original content. When I view the page I notice the articles below the 2 I changed were bumped down to a third row, like there is not enough room. I have the JCE editor set to not clean html and only changed the title of the article. Any ideas on what to check. I am on a localhost so no remote access but below is a screenshot of what is happening

1. profile
    Ninja Lead Moderator

However, it still seems to be difficult for me to guess the issue and give out the solution, unless i get to see it. So, you need to put your site live, I shall check it for you

sudheermatta Friend

I have the exact same problem. my site is live http://www.prog-design.com, go to portfolio and you see the issue. Can you please help, struggling with this one. Thanks. <em>@Ninja Lead 367202 wrote:</em><blockquote>However, it still seems to be difficult for me to guess the issue and give out the solution, unless i get to see it. So, you need to put your site live, I shall check it for you</blockquote>

Ninja Lead Moderator

Follow my suggestion below, it will help you do that

+ Change css file

Open modules/mod_jacontentpopup/assets/css/style.css file
    From

.ja-cp-main .ja-cp-group .ja-cp-item {
    float: left;
    width: 25%;
    }

change to

width: 33%;
    }

+ Go to Admin -> Module Manager -> JA ContentPopup module -> edit ID(99) -> change Displaying Items to 6

vidcom Friend

I am just now dealing with this issue and the 33% suggestion did not work for me.

Before I found this post, I created a Demo site on the server to see if something had gotten changed in my project. I opened a Portfolio article on the Demo server and looked at the code and nothing is changed. Even though I didn’t change anything, I hit Save on the Demo server and it created the same problem.

Why, when saving an article that is unchanged, does the height of the article change?

1. articleissue
    Ninja Lead Moderator

With this case, I would need to take a closer look at your site. Please pm me URL of your site, admin access and ftp account. I shall help you out then

vidcom Friend

My site is on localhost, I won’t be moving it Live until it is ready.

As I mentioned though, I can duplicate this issue in the Demo Server. So, if you simply create a One Page Joomla 3 demo site, then open a Portfolio article and save it without making any changes, you will see this issue occur. Even if you just download and install the Quick Start, you will be able to duplicate this easy.

Hope you can help,

vidcom Friend

The only temporary work around I can come up with is to simply disable “show intro text” in the module settings.

I cannot figure out why the “ja-cp-item” class changes from 299px x 270px to 299px x 280px after just opening and saving an article. It appears to add a 10px margin or padding and I cannot find it.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Vidcom,

This is solution about change JA ContenPopup module to a 3rd row.

+ Open modules/mod_jacontentpopup/assets/css/style.css file

From

width: 25%;
    }

change to

width: 33%;
    }

+ Go to Admin -> Module Manager -> JA ContentPopup module(ID=99) -> change Limited option to 6

About change Height of Ja ContentPopup module you can change it here, see the screenshot

If you still face the same error, you need to put your site to LIVE and pm me the details information access to your site, I shall check it directly on your site

1. Config_ContentPopup
    2. Change_Height_JAContentPopup
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum