Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Ana Ivelisse – who is that?

cinthiapolanco Friend

<em>@VisiGod 65139 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ana Ivelisse – who is that?</blockquote>
    SheΒ΄s one excellent member of this forum. It has helped me a lot wiht template JA Teline II. She writer and speak spanish an england. Think frances, too.
    Kiss.

Ella es una excelente miembro de este forum. Ella me ha ayudado mucho con la plantilla JA Teline II.
    besos

Cinthia

VisiGod Friend

I have nothing to say on that.
    I think exactly the same, even posted several topics regarding that behavior.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@Menalto 65133 wrote:</em><blockquote>I feel the extensions should be released for free, even when they are stable.
    OR, the people who download and use them and report in bugs should get a 100% stable copy free to use.</blockquote>

I agree Menalto.

I wanted to state the same thing, but I refrained from doing so. I am glad that one of the Moderators, and one with your rank agree with us, the regular customers.

Now I know why one of my most important requests has not gotten any response — what I was requesting was the modified JA News, now an extension module/component.

As a regular customer, who would need just one or a few templates, one way of keeping me renew my membership would be to be provided extensions to improve the template I chose — in this case, JA Teline II.

Well, at least providing these extensions would be the incentives I would provide if I would set up my own template company, to keep the allegiance of ordinary customers who need just one or a few templates, at most.

Let’s be blunt about it, the ones that mainly benefit mainly from a slew of regular two templates per month would be some developers. However, having been accorded the Developer status myself, I would not even do that, foist bug ridden templates to potential customers — if I enter the world of offer to help create websites for other people.

To rephrase Tom — if we start with a very stable, bug free and easy loading template, I would rather work with just a few templates, master them, create the best manuals and tutorials for them, and support them fully so that my potential customers would be happy.

I would not try to keep their business by replacing the template that I suggested, unless I can find something radically better to warrant any makeover. Instead, I would steer my customer to features that would add value to the website. And, if needed, provide the fixes to any problems.

At least those are some of the things I would do, if I set up my own template company.

Cornelio.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 64151 wrote:</em><blockquote>Introduction

This is a very exciting time for the JA team, and at this stage I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce some popular JA extensions which are totally independent to those released as a part of the club templates.

List of first extensions

Below is the list of extensions running in Beta period. The document and bug fixed list for each extension will be update daily.

1. JA News Component (All previous JA News versions are modules)
    2. JA Highslide module and plugin
    3. JA Showcase component
    4. JA Tabs plugin and module

License
    The above component is commercial product and will not be free. However, during the beta release, you can download and use it free of charge at your own risk.
    This will be commercial product so please do not download and test it if you are not happy and willing to do so.
    Of cause, we appreciate a lot for any comments or bug report from anyone to improve the extensions.

Download

You can found all of extensions above in Free Beta releases download section at this link

Demo

The live demo for JoomlArt extensions can be found here

Pricing
    To be decided.</blockquote>

Hi Hung,

I looked at the JA News, It is only compatible with Joomla 1.5. Is there any plan to create one that is compatible with Joomla 1.0x?

I just browsed briefly at the cartoons of the Demo; does this suggest that if this is installed with other Joomlart template, it becomes a Magazine template too, like Teline II? That will make many customers happy.

I am not sure if this is any coincidence, but the first day I joined Joomlart, I requested a template similar to JA Teline II. The first time I was able to install and see the features of JA Teline II, I have been advocating repeatedly for Sections layout similar to the HomePage. It seems the features of the proposed JA News Extension has this feature.

I would echo the suggestion of Menalto:

<em>@Menalto 65133 wrote:</em><blockquote>I feel the extensions should be released for free, even when they are stable.
    OR, the people who download and use them and report in bugs should get a 100% stable copy free to use.</blockquote>

but, if you are able to include many of the features of iJoomla Magazine and Ijoomla News — to create a Joomlart template that approximates a professional online news-magazine — then it would be truly a more radical evolution of the JA Teline II series.

I will reserve my judgment on this, until I tried it.

Again, I should be as emphatic that no matter how good the new JA template is, without a good Manual and full support, expect a “revolt” from the customers that may dwarf the growing unrest among current JA Teline II users.

Cornelio

questbg Friend

<em>@Menalto 65133 wrote:</em><blockquote>OR, the people who download and use them and report in bugs should get a 100% stable copy free to use.</blockquote>

In a way I agree Menalto. Yet, I have to say, with the work we’ve been doing fixing this template of late (You, Cornelio, Me, Ana and other forum members), not only should we be able to use it for free … JA should be paying us for doing their debugging and fixing!

πŸ™‚

<em>@cinthiapolanco 65129 wrote:</em><blockquote>Las gentes de JA no responden a nada.
    </blockquote>

Nobody needs to speak Spanish to understand that line πŸ˜€

Bravo Cinthia! 😎

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@tempusserbia 65063 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just to warn you people, some of extension are not working with old JA templates, like Olyra for example.</blockquote>

Yes, thank you for making this heard.

<em>@VisiGod 65066 wrote:</em><blockquote>And what is the exact license of these extensions? Commercial is not a license description.</blockquote>

I will annnouce the license when things a become stable. At the beta, it is Free under GPL

<em>@tempusserbia 65059 wrote:</em><blockquote>And beta version of extension are implemented in JA templates! So, I must say: ALL JA TEMPLATES ARE BETA VERSION, even if they anounce them as FINAL.</blockquote>

No, such extensions are independent with the release of the templates. Any extensions included with templates will be provided in the download of the templates. Software have bugs even with stable softwares. That is why we have this forums, moderators and JA Developers working with members on the forum.

<em>@cgc0202 65197 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Hung,

I looked at the JA News, It is only compatible with Joomla 1.5. Is there any plan to create one that is compatible with Joomla 1.0x?

</blockquote>
    Hi cgc0202, I am sorry but the JA News components will support Joomla 1.5 only.
    <em>@cgc0202 65197 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I just browsed briefly at the cartoons of the Demo; does this suggest that if this is installed with other Joomlart template, it becomes a Magazine template too, like Teline II? That will make many customers happy.
    </blockquote>

Yes, you can install with JA templates (recommended) but as independent extension, it can work with any Joomla template.

I am not sure if this is any coincidence, but the first day I joined Joomlart, I requested a template similar to JA Teline II. The first time I was able to install and see the features of JA Teline II, I have been advocating repeatedly for Sections layout similar to the HomePage. It seems the features of the proposed JA News Extension has this feature.
    </blockquote>

Yes, JA News Extension has this feature and support Categories layout as well

</blockquote>
    No worry cgc0202, developer member will not have to pay any extra fee for any JA products including JA Extensions

but, if you are able to include many of the features of iJoomla Magazine and Ijoomla News — to create a Joomlart template that approximates a professional online news-magazine — then it would be truly a more radical evolution of the JA Teline II series.
    </blockquote>

Oh yes, JA News component is part of this mission.

Again, I should be as emphatic that no matter how good the new JA template is, without a good Manual and full support, expect a “revolt” from the customers that may dwarf the growing unrest among current JA Teline II users.

Cornelio</blockquote>
    Thank you Cornelio, we always try our best on that.

gaygiorgia Friend

Is what u think what will happen?

BTW what i really care is another thing:
    after dozens of posts and a formal hungry ticket request:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=65202&postcount=16.

i have no time to test well now. so i don’t know if these 2 fixes solve other problems i find out in the other 2 3d.

mimaki Friend

Ja extensions beta for free. But I can’t download them. Why not?

gaygiorgia Friend

it’s written only licensed and dev members can download and test them.

cgc0202 Friend

Thanks for responding Hung,

I have further clarifications.

</blockquote>

<em>@Hung Dinh 65217 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Hi cgc0202, I am sorry but the JA News components will support Joomla 1.5 only.
    </blockquote>

Is this more because of a compatibility issue, Hung?

just browsed briefly at the cartoons of the Demo; does this suggest that if this is installed with other Joomlart template, it becomes a Magazine template too, like Teline II? That will make many customers happy.
    </blockquote>

Yes, you can install with JA templates (recommended) but as independent extension, it can work with any Joomla template.
    </blockquote>

I hope so Hung, I tried to integrate some third party extensions into my JA Teline II but either the extension did not work properly or in two instances, the JA News in my JA Teline II sites disappeared completely.

If this continues I might try the reverse process, and install the JA News extensions in the template of other companies.

</blockquote>

Yes, JA News Extension has this feature and support Categories layout as well
    </blockquote>

This is good to know, Hung. Thanks very much. Now I think I can go back to some older Joomlart templates that I like very much, and use them for other purposes. I hope they are not too buggy.

Or, I will just have to learn to use Joomla 1.5x-JA Teline II.

You can really help us here Hung, if the bugs that are apparent in the Joomla 1.5x-JA Teline II are fixed. I echo and support the criticisms of others that we have wasted too much time trying to do the fixes ourselves.

I will reserve my judgment on this, until I tried it.
    </blockquote>

Oh yes, JA News component is part of this mission.
    </blockquote>

This is most important for me Hung, it is good to be reassured that you are going in the same direction. I explored this at length with Merav, and was prepared to buy both IJoomla News and IJoomla magazine (each at @ $75) as well as their Poll-Survey extension — but in the case of iJoomla the license fee paid for the extension includes access to all upgrades of the software in the future.

To be more specific, since I have an access to any of the JA Extensions developed during the period that I have a Developer license, if you will agree to the same policy as iJoomla for their stand alone products, in regard Joomlart stand alone extensions then I will have access to all future upgrades of the JA standalone Extensions, developed during the time I had a Developer license.

To be more emphatic, what I mean by the aforementioned is that I do not have to be a Develper member forever, to have access to to all future upgrades of the JA standalone Extensions, developed during the time I had a Developer license.

Can you please clarify that the same policy will be adapted by Joomlart for the independent extensions of Joomlart?.

.</blockquote>

No worry cgc0202, developer member will not have to pay any extra fee for any JA products including JA Extensions
    .</blockquote>

Again, can you please clarify this too: Based on the Developer license, just like Joomlart is able to translate its license of the Highslide to its customers. I take it, the registered Developers with Joomlart will have the same transference license to their own client

.</blockquote>

Thank you Cornelio, we always try our best on that.</blockquote>

I do hope so Hung, and I will take your word for this promise. We expect good manuals to accompany each product and good support when there are problems that arise.

We do wish to become loyal supporters Joomlart, at the same time, because of the dearth of support since I came back in mid May 2008, if you followed my postings, you must be aware that I am the main proponent of a Collaborative Support Group that will be independent of Joomlart because as webmasters, webdesigners or simply just the “average” website creators, apart from Joomla and Joomlart templates, we have more needs to cover — webhosting, responding to technical developments, such as mobile computing, etc. — that goes beyond the focus of the Joomlart forum.

In light of our experience the past few months though, an immediate focus would be the development of resources to deal with issues regarding the template, especially JA Teline II — the most popular template of Joomlart.

There is now a Core Team, trying to thresh out the issues dealing with creation of a group, like the Collaborative Support Group. Whether the group will ever materialize is another story. But, if it does, then I hope we can be work together a relationship so that we could continue to use Joomlart templates.

At the same time, the focus of such Collaborative Support Group would be the interest of its members.

Asians speak in round about way. And, I happen to be Asian (Filipino) myself, so you may understand the meaning of what I stated here.

Thanks again.

Cornelio

VisiGod Friend

No, such extensions are independent with the release of the templates. Any extensions included with templates will be provided in the download of the templates. Software have bugs even with stable softwares. That is why we have this forums, moderators and JA Developers working with members on the forum.</blockquote>

Nice sense of humor πŸ˜‰

tempusserbia Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 65217 wrote:</em><blockquote>No, such extensions are independent with the release of the templates. Any extensions included with templates will be provided in the download of the templates. Software have bugs even with stable softwares. That is why we have this forums, moderators and JA Developers working with members on the forum. </blockquote>

Call me stupid, but I really do not understand this. Let me explain it by example:

I want to use Teline II, and I go to download section of template, and download it. Package contains: Template, PSD, and extension “JA NEWS”.

Now I want to use, for example Xenia, and implement “JA NEWS” in it, so I go to extensions download page and download it as FREE BETA VERSION.

So, tell me what’s difference between extension from template package, and independent extension?!

I do some research and compare files from extension packages (template and independent) line by line, and can not find any difference.

By my opinion both packages are same, and must be marked as BETA, which then extend to templates too. Tell me if I am getting this wrong.

Hung Dinh Friend

<blockquote>I do some research and compare files from extension packages (template and independent) line by line, and can not find any difference.</blockquote>
    JA News released with JA Teline are modules, why the independent JA News is component.

Have you compared the right files?

tempusserbia Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 65284 wrote:</em><blockquote>JA News released with JA Teline are modules, why the independent JA News is component.

Have you compared the right files?</blockquote>

JA Teline and Ja News were just for example. Anyway, thanks for replying.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)

This topic contains 56 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum