Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

On the homepage when you click on the video next to “about us”, it opens in a browser page. No modal, no article.

You guys are better than that. Come on.

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

If you would like us to improve or implement a feature, please be specific, and your suggestion will be appreciated and looked at. “No modal, no article” says nothing, really.

Regards,

Alex

vibedigital Friend

Hey Alex- What it says is exactly what it means. I actually think it was an oversight by the JA staff. Go to the homepage of the demo, click on the video, and you’ll see it’s got a very “unfinished” feel to it.

There is nothing to be specific about. Go to the demo, click on the video, and I am sure you’ll understand what I am talking about immediately. In fact, I am sure you’ll agree with me.

Again- I believe this may have been an oversight. I have already installed the template and started working on it, so I am a bit disappointed. Sorry if my post came across as overly negative. I was just surprised.

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

I just had a look at the video next to “About Us” you mentioned and, once again, as far as I am as purely a “JA Decor” viewer is concerned, for the life of me I don’t see any cardinal sins with its esthetics.

The video opens up and closes just fine. What kind of “oversight” are you talking about? What disappoints you? So far I got an impression you are not happy the video opens up in its own page but not in a modal box. Is it it? Anything else please?

Regards,

Alex

vibedigital Friend

I just looked again. I actually didn’t notice the X in the top right before. I thought I had to use the browser’s back button to get back to the homepage.

It’s not as bad as I initially thought. However… It would be nice if the video opened in an article by default like JA Fixel.

alexsmirnov Friend

<em>@vibedigital 421310 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just looked again. I actually didn’t notice the X in the top right before. I thought I had to use the browser’s back button to get back to the homepage.

It’s not as bad as I initially thought.

</blockquote>

Hopefully, that’s a half of your disappointment gone…

<em>@vibedigital 421310 wrote:</em><blockquote>

However… It would be nice if the video opened in an article by default like JA Fixel.</blockquote>

I see where you are coming from.

Come to think of it, imho, implementing the feature that has been already implemented seven months ago, doesn’t seem like a hard thing to do. I suspect if the “Decor” and the “Fixel” implement video players differently, there might be a reason. Or may be you are right and for some reasons it was half cooked.

Our core developers also monitor these forums. If no one of them joins this thread, I’ll bounce it off our team after this weekend but no promises made.

Regards,

Alex

vibedigital Friend

Super simple CSS fix- I applied a slight opacity to the bg. It looks much better IMO.

Thanks for listening to me. 🙂

1. Untitled-10
    alexsmirnov Friend

<em>@vibedigital 421319 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Thanks for listening to me. 🙂

</blockquote>

You are welcome. Thank you for not bottling up your opinion and getting back to us with you feedback. Do appreciate it. 🙂

<em>@vibedigital 421319 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Super simple CSS fix- I applied a slight opacity to the bg. It looks much better IMO.

</blockquote>

I fully agree with you, – the player page looks much sexier now. Lovely job. +1.

Mind posting your little fix to us? No pressure but If you do, I am sure many folks will appreciate it. I’ll be happy to make it “Sticky” for you and will be the first one to thank you.

vibedigital Friend

No Prob!

TURN OFF Optimize CSS in the template manager.

Access the css:

templates/ja_decor/css/template.css

Line 6517: (note: background)

#iframe-video-wrap {
    display: block;
    z-index: 9999;
    position: fixed;
    background: #fff
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    }

Change to:

#iframe-video-wrap {
    display: block;
    z-index: 9999;
    position: fixed;
    background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.87);
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    }

I am notorious for editing the files directly. You could create an override too:

#iframe-video-wrap {
    background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.87);

You can of course adjust the opacity to your liking! From a design perspective i’d definitely not lighten it too much!

🙂

alexsmirnov Friend

Cheers. Much appreciate it.

Have a smashing weekend.

Regards,

Alex

🙂

treadsetters Friend

I came to this forum specifically for this – I also assumed the video player was broken in this implementation!!

I will apply the fix, but the fact that the “lightbox” that pops open this video is so un-lighbox-like that I assumed it had just opened a new window as the web developer, means end-users will not like this functionality at all.

Applying a new lightbox would be much better!

treadsetters Friend

One other quick note – the video popup does not play well with responsiveness either when viewing on a smaller screen.

digitaltao Friend

i’ve tried this iframe background adjustment but my video background is still solid white, as per http://digitaltao.com/2014/…. actually i’ve just noticed the iframe tag must be filtered out – so i’m trying to figure out how to allow iFrame thru now

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  digitaltao 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum