Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    Does anyone know why when I cast a vote on my website using “Poll” it says INVALID token? I went through the entire section for using the Poll and cannot find anything that might cause the problem.

Thanks for any help! πŸ˜€

jwellman Friend

There are two places where polls have to be activated. One is under components –> and then polls, which is where you actually write the question… but then you also have to go to your Module manager and find where the poll is located. Once there under “Module Parameters” pick your question from the poll drop down list. If you don’t pick the question in this area the poll will not show up. Have you done this in both locations?

sbaldwin Friend

Thank you so much for the info. I tried checking both places everything looks fine. When I “mouse-over” the Vote Button the url points to index.php. Not sure if that is correct and I don’t think I ever changed anything that might effect the Polls. I’m still building the website so hopefully I didn’t mess something up. If you want to peek at the code my website is http://rochesterjams.com

Thanks for helping….!

jwellman Friend

Thanks for the link…that always helps. The reason that you see “Invalid token” is because you have it set up to only allow one vote per person. I voted once in Firefox. I opened the site in Explorer and tried to vote again. I received the error invalid token because I had already voted.

Hope this helps,
    Jess

Edited to add this link: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/invalid-token/

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    plz edit default.php(templatesja_quillajahtmlmod_login folder)
    Search this line:

$validate = JUtility::getToken(1);
    Comment or remove it
    Regards

sbaldwin Friend

Thank you guys! I will make the change….thanks again! πŸ˜€

jwellman Friend

RS Photo Gallery:
    Voting enabled No Yes
    Registered users only No Yes
    User can only vote once(cookie based) No Yes

I’m so sorry SBaldwin (sorry I don’t know your name) I tried to find the area for voting permissions because I was certain that it existed. After much frustration I realized the voting option was in my RS Photo Gallery. >:( I am so sorry for the mix-up. The error message you are getting occurs when a user tries to vote before the β€œlag-time.” In other words the amount of seconds allowed between voting. The fix that was suggested above should take care of your error.

On my site I can only vote once. Perhaps it is a cookie setting but it won’t let me vote again. Instead it takes me to the results page. In your case I guess it is giving you and Invalid Token page.

Sorry Again for creating confusion on this one. :((

sbaldwin Friend

Thanks for getting back! I’ll try nguoibcds suggestion however I was wondering if lag-time had anything to do with it as well, maybe another option? Mine was set at 86400. Not sure where to read about this setting/number if anyone has any knowledge of it. Just curious what this number represents in case I need to know in the future.

Thanks everyone! πŸ˜€

jwellman Friend

Mine is set at the same and the 86,400 is the amount of seconds between posting (24 hours to be exact). πŸ™‚

sbaldwin Friend

This worked! Sorry I didn’t get back sooner! πŸ˜€

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sbaldwin 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum