Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    How can I get the Polish and Hungarian characters kept into the the title and content of the articles (and menus is possible). Which font to choose? where to indicate it ? (in the template theming interface?) and how?
    Thanks in advance
    yves

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

If you want to get Polish and Hungarian characters from the title, the content of the article and menu on your site. You can create the content, article and menu with each language and assign it with each language on your site

About the font and where to get it, you can find them from templates/ja_sugite/less/variables.less file

@font-family-sans-serif:  "Raleway", sans-serif;
    @font-family-base:        @font-family-sans-serif;

Regards

yfb01 Friend

Hi

Yes I do that already, but the specific char-set are not kept for the Polish and some for the Hungarian.
    On the overhand, when I use the same Polish text applications like BreezingForms and Joomla Quiz Deluxe, the there is no problem to insert the Polish text directly via the default editor.
    For the articles created via Joomla with the same default editor, I can keep the Polish characters only if I enter in the the html code mode and save from there directly.

any idea on how to get the Editor working directly as well when editing a web article or a menu item?

Thanks
    yves

Ninja Lead Moderator

Languages like Polish and Hungarian have special characters and it requires utf8_general_ci database collation to display fine. See the screenshot

So you need to change the database collation of your site first and try to input text with your own language again.

1. Screen-Shot-2016-04-05-at-09.40.17
    yfb01 Friend

Thank you for the hint.
    I tried, but it doesn’t work. I change the collation with utf8_general_ci at the DB level and at the content table level (the table which includes the details of an article), but it didn’t solve the problem.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Correct me if I’m wrong as I check the menu Hu language directly on your site and see it displays properly, see the screenshot.

1. Screen-Shot-2016-04-06-at-14.49.41
    yfb01 Friend

This menu displays well, but in Hungarian you have 2 characters which doesn’t get through:

• ő which is coded & # 337 ; and which is different from ö (remove the spaces in the coding of the character)
    • ű which is coded & # 369 ; and which is different from ü (remove the spaces in the coding of the character)

then in the titles I code them simply o or sometimes ö and for the body of the articles, I have to work only in html code and save when it is in html code and not going back to display.

Hungarian is not a too big problem. Polish is much more problematic as many more characters are impacted.

Ninja Lead Moderator

If the collation under database of your site already set utf8_general_ci but it can not show the language on your site.

Maybe you can change the font-family with google font below

1. Screen-Shot-2016-04-08-at-10.58.06
    2. Screen-Shot-2016-04-08-at-10.58.20
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum