Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I installed a plugin bt social share for the sharing of items, since the module installed in the template is only visible in the desktop version and not in the mobile version.

The plugin gives me the opportunity to decide to place the buttons before or after the article text. But if I say after, do not put it at the end of the article, but after more, how can I fix?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @lg21,

In this case, please contact its developer for better assistance since I checked at my end and it didn’t work with default template either (with Protostar template, the social links still stay below featured image).

lg21 Friend

I tried with various plugins and the result is always the same, if I say to put the buttons below to share this article puts it after more and not at the end of the article text. I do ask all developers of the various plugin?

In the template jateline V sharing news is only for the desktop version, the mobile version no. If there was this possibility certainly did not go looking around some plugin.

We purchase your template but then we must be the choices of our customers, and if the customer asks me to share the news in the mobile version I have to give him that chance.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @lg21,

In this case, we can just move the sharing buttons from sidebar and place them below article text instead. Please open file templatesja_teline_vhtmllayoutsjoomlacontentitemdefault.php and cut (we will move it) this code :

<?php if ($sharing_tools): ?>
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.sharing_tools', array()); ?>
    <?php endif ?>

then look for this code :

<?php if ($useDefList && in_array($positions, array(1, 2))) : ?>
    <footer class="article-footer">
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.info_block.block', array('item' => $item, 'params' => $params, 'position' => 'below')); ?>
    </footer>
    <?php endif; ?>

and paste the previous code above it as below :

<?php if ($sharing_tools): ?>
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.sharing_tools', array()); ?>
    <?php endif ?>

<?php if ($useDefList && in_array($positions, array(1, 2))) : ?>
    <footer class="article-footer">
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.info_block.block', array('item' => $item, 'params' => $params, 'position' => 'below')); ?>
    </footer>
    <?php endif; ?>

lg21 Friend

was not what I want, but it is a great alternative, because it works now the sharing buttons are also in the articles on the mobile version.

lg21 Friend

I installed a plugin, this plugin gives me the ability to insert buttons for sharing above or below the article.

If I say as an option to put it on top of the article is all ok, but if I say below, instead of putting it at the end of the article, puts it after more, ignoring the rest of the text.

Your solution is a good solution. I wanted to understand not to have the duplicate module, you can delete it to the left and leave it under the article so that it viibile in both versions?

Thank You

Adam M Moderator

Hi @lg21,

Actually in my previous reply, I mentioned about “cut the code and paste it in another line“, not copy / duplicate it, so you should remove it from left sidebar to avoid duplication.

lg21 Friend

Thanks Adam, now is perfect, I had misread your advice

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lg21 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum