Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello,

First of all, I am using Joomla 1.5.24 with the Google Maps Plugin plg_jamap Version 1.0.2

I have a problem with the Plugin when i use it at a module Position.
    I have created a new module with the type “mod_custom”. In this module i am only using the html Code
    <p>{jamap}</p>
    In my case, I am using the template JA_droid and the module position where my google maps plugin is displayed is “user5”.
    I also know that I can use the generated code from the plugin itself, but at the moment the code
    <p>{jamap}</p>
    sould do the trick.

So here is my Problem #1:
    The map plugin will display exactly at the position where i want it show up, BUT it has so much free space below the map. No matter what size i choose for the map output, the space below the map will remain. I also know, that this is not a module-problem or a position problem for the position “user5” itself. I know this, because I´ve displayed various other modules in this position with no free space showing up below the module.
    How can i get rid of the extra space showing up below?

My Problem #2:
    If i choose to use the Option “Display popup” in the plugin-settings, the only outpot i will get is the code for the popup-feature itself:

How can i fix this?

And finally i have a question regarding a feature for the plugin. Is it possible to show up a route like this: http://www.hertaland.de/route/Elbe-Moritzburg-L%C3%B6%C3%9Fnitzgrund-Radweg_1621 or do i have to use something different for displaying this?

Thanks and regards,
    Ralph

1. error2
    2. error3
    3. error4
    rattles Friend

*push* 🙂

I am still having the problem mentiond above. Does nobody got an idea ho to fix this?

Regards,
    Ralph

n6rej Friend

<em>@rattles 284167 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    So here is my Problem #1:
    The map plugin will display exactly at the position where i want it show up, BUT it has so much free space below the map. No matter what size i choose for the map output, the space below the map will remain. I also know, that this is not a module-problem or a position problem for the position “user5” itself. I know this, because I´ve displayed various other modules in this position with no free space showing up below the module.
    How can i get rid of the extra space showing up below?

[/quote]
    as you stated you used the mod_custom module so you’ll need to apply styling for that module. I recommend using mod suffix’s to do so so that the changes apply ONLY to the map.. The very fact that other modules fit fine shows it NOT to be a template issue.

My Problem #2:
    If i choose to use the Option “Display popup” in the plugin-settings, the only outpot i will get is the code for the popup-feature itself:

How can i fix this?
    [/quote]
    the popup issue is because the closing tag is wrong. http://screencast.com/t/iOCpnr9CXT should be {/japopup}

And finally i have a question regarding a feature for the plugin. Is it possible to show up a route like this: http://www.hertaland.de/route/Elbe-Moritzburg-Lößnitzgrund-Radweg_1621 or do i have to use something different for displaying this?

Thanks and regards,
    Ralph</blockquote>
    there are several guides explaining the various ways map can be used. http://www.joomlart.com/forums/forum/ja-google-map-plugin/

rattles Friend

Thanks for your answers!

regarding problem #1:
    I cannot see how I can change the behavior of “not having free space” below where the map displays itself. If I create a new module class suffix in my template.css and use it just for that custom module, how has the code to look like, if I want to get rid of extra space?.

And now comes the funny part: After clicking a few times through my contact-menu, suddenly the empty space disappear

But then, after clicking again the the very same menu button (http://devel-1.5.24.wirtshaus-buchholz.de/index.php/kontakt-main/anfahrt/zu-fuss), the space appears:

How strange is this?! I’ve checked it with different browsers, but the problem is clearly reproduceable with firefox, IE, Chrome and Safari. I also checked for some extra <p> or <br/> tags in my articles, but they look good aswell!
    Any help about figuring out what happens there would be really appreciated.

regarding problem #2:
    As I said in my first post, I am not using the code for showing up the map as a plugin itself. All I do, is just using
    {jamap}
    in a mod_custom for showing up the google map plugin itself with all the settings predefined in the plugin settings. So the code with the wrong closing tag
    {} Japopup
    is likely to be generated from the plugin itself.

I also tried to get the error reproduced to see the wrong closing tag, but i cannot see the same output you got as seen in your screenshot. I always get this output:

{japopup type="inline" content="ja-widget-map0-popup-container" width="660" height="540" onopen="JAMapOpenPopup0" onclose="JAMapClosePopup0"}
    OPEN IN NEW WINDOW
    {/japopup}

So all I can see is: The code looks fine with opening and closing tags.
    But still, There is no Popup-Window as it should be, only the code shows up.

Any further suggestions about this?

n6rej Friend

#1 you’ve got a minimum height set. http://screencast.com/t/qg2YewNdXE9 if you change that by adding a suffix and apply the height change to that suffix it will fix it and ONLY affect that module.
    check to see if turning off caching and optimization makes this go away. I bet it does.
    #2 do you have ja-popup turned published?

rattles Friend

Hi,

I see where you are coming from. BUT: If i disable the mod_custom which holds the code for displaying the google maps plugin, everything is fine. I published the other module on the right side next to the google maps plugin, at the position “user5”, just there where usually the google maps plugin is been displayed. Then i navigated through the Menu and clicked like 100 times the navigation menu button which shows up the page where usually the google maps plugin is been displayed – everything is fine, no spaces below the module itself! So if you say, the module-position uses “min-height: 547px” there should be extra space below that module, but that never happens. So I think the issue must be something else.

*EDIT*
    I just tried to apply the custom module class suffix
    _google-maps
    which includes the following code
    /* RALPH google maps module correct height*/
    div.moduletable_google-maps {
    min-height: 400px;
    }

and used the new suffix for especially that module position where the google maps plugin is been displayed. The result is still the same even tho it now uses the min-height of 400pixels. The random space below the google maps plugin is still there. I also know that the code is working, because when i raise it to “800px” the space underneath grows even more 🙂

#2:
    Yes i have installed and activated the plugin ja_popup. It comes with the Template i am using (JA_Droid).
    I also tried to just copy the example code from the plugin settings:
    {japopup type="ajax" content="http://www.google.com" width="500" height="400" }Load an url using ajax{/japopup}
    to an empty article and linked it to a menu: http://devel-1.5.24.wirtshaus-buchholz.de/index.php/qqqq
    If you click on the link: “Load an url using ajax” something is happening. It does not seem to work correct, but at least it does something. This shows, that the popup plugin in general is working, because it is not showing the code as it does, when i want to use it within the google maps plugin with ja-popup.

rattles Friend

Hi there,

i just found the solution for removing the extra space below the module itself:
    Its kind of a workaround, because whenever you change the size of the google maps plugin (mine is at 600px x 400px) you have to adjust your custom css module class suffix.

This is the code which forces the window of module-position “user5” not to be over 400px height:

min-height: 0px;
    max-height: 400px;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

Problem #2 still persists tho, any help is very welcome!

Thanks in advance,
    Ralph

n6rej Friend

<em>@rattles 291968 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there,

i just found the solution for removing the extra space below the module itself:
    Its kind of a workaround, because whenever you change the size of the google maps plugin (mine is at 600px x 400px) you have to adjust your custom css module class suffix.

This is the code which forces the window of module-position “user5” not to be over 400px height:

min-height: 0px;
    max-height: 400px;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

Problem #2 still persists tho, any help is very welcome!

Thanks in advance,
    Ralph</blockquote>
    if you can have a static width then you can set height to be percentile.
    I’ve created a ticket for you so this can be handled by the devs for #2.

n6rej Friend

user reports solved.

tom_laan84 Friend

I just had this exact problem too. it was because of the small size of my box and the hidden google map images adding space below it. used this fix and it worked perfect!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tom_laan84 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum