Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello –

I’m trying to use your JA Extension Manager with my own service so that I can control the updates on my websites (there are many 100+).

I cannot get my service to communicate with other Joomla installs. I have JAEM on the service Joomla install and on the other installs. All I get is “Please update the service setting or contact with service provider.” One of the JAEM developers went into the back end and made changes for me but it never connected.

Please help, thank you.
    -Rachel

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Rachel,

Just went through your earlier threads and also consulted the JAEM developer. It is taking time to get it working for you and i feel we need to test the whole setup and update the documentation for the same.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/help-cant-get-any-services-to-work/

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/authentication-help/

I remember correctly, it was tested earlier and it used to work, but may be the recent changes has something to do with this. I am lining this up for testing and it will take us some time to get back to you on this.

Not many are using JAEM as service for their product yet and so this part was neglected for now.

Arvind

directive Friend

Thank you for looking into this. I’m still checking the fourms so please let me know when you have a solution or better documentation for me to try.

Thank you!
    -Rachel

Winchester Friend

Hi.. I am also trying to set up my own repository. I read through the Developers Guide a million time and still not sure about half of the stuff it said.

1: Is the extension supposed to be laid out like JAEM does it in the Local Service folder (jaextmanager_data)?

2: There is no special or unique authentication system on my server. I figure that the reason why the guide was so vague on this matter is because they expect that the persons who would be using this are coders.. I’m a designer, not a coder so I really have no idea how to even begin to do the authentication part.

3: What’s the “packages” folder for?

I’m not a licensed member as yet. I’m really just starting out web developing on my own and I’m trying to get my system sorted. One of the largest proplem when I was at the company I worked for was updating the clients extensions. Big headache. Now, I only have a few clients (followed me from my old company) and I would really like to understand this more so I can atleast cut a huge part of the work out.

Great extension and it would be great to have this sorted. In fact, I am willing to re-write the instruction for you once I understand how to set it up properly.

EDIT

4: Also how can we set the <extFolder>? Some extensions like Akeeba Backup has a site and a admin

5: What does “false” mean? Both methods or none?

// Decide use both virtual method and native web service method or not, default is false
    , "ACCESS_NATIVE"=>false

6: For {coreVersion}. Will it look for j15 or j16 folder?

Best regards,

Best regards,
    H. Winchester Lyon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Winchester 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum