Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I was trying to update something on my JA Erica template, and when I reinstalled it I can no longer see my frontpage content! I have had this issue before on this template but I can not remember how to fix it.

Please help me! My site is http://www.2-angels-amongst-us.com. I need to get the site back up ASAP!

Thanks for your help!

TomC Moderator

PLEASE tell me you have a BACKUP of your site you did prior to trying to update.

What is it you were updating, and how did you go about it?

amlinc Friend

I didn’t really update anything on the site, i just changed a graphic in the template, and when i uploaded the new template it is not showing the frontpage content. Which I think I have had this problem the couple of times I have used this template, i think it’s an easy fix, I just don’t remember what that is.

TomC Moderator

<em>@amlinc 313106 wrote:</em><blockquote>I didn’t really update anything on the site, i just changed a graphic in the template, and when i uploaded the new template it is not showing the frontpage content. Which I think I have had this problem the couple of times I have used this template, i think it’s an easy fix, I just don’t remember what that is.</blockquote>
    Well, as a “go-to” first line of defense . . . . try clearing your JAT3 Cache
    (up along the top right within your site administration)

amlinc Friend

i don’t see that.

and i am pretty sure that is not what i did to fix it previously.

TomC Moderator

<em>@amlinc 313106 wrote:</em><blockquote>I didn’t really update anything on the site, i just changed a graphic in the template, and when i uploaded the new template it is not showing the frontpage content. </blockquote>
    Okay, so let’s investigate this methodically . . . .

1. What graphic did you change – and where?

2. When you say “upload the new template,” do you mean when you saved your changes and then refreshed your page?

amlinc Friend

i made the top graphic with the clouds wider (topsl graphic). i then zipped the template back up and reinstalled the template. and set it as default. I see the bigger graphic, so it uploaded. I just can’t see the frontpage content. Like i said, I’ve had this problem i think everytime I have used this template. So I should know the problem, but i can’t remember.

last time someone responded with this on how he fixed it (but I don’t know where this code is)

—————————————————————————————–
    i dun entirely remember the codes but there was a if statement surrounding the

Code:

<?php mosMainBody(); ?>

which checked for option!=com_frontpage

essentially, this prevented the mainbody from showing up whenver the option was com_frontpage.
    ———————————————————————————————

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  amlinc 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum