Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Some one must have run into the same problem. I’ve installed the quickstart on multiple servers with different configurations to make sure it wasn’t a permissions issue and I’ve confirmed with others and it happens when they try as well.

Whenever I try to move the highslide module in position right or delete it and start over all the administrator console menus disappear. I need a fix to this problem – this is the second posting and I’ve put in two support tickets and have heard nothing. I’ve been trying to get this solved since Sunday – it just shouldn’t be this hard…

I’ve search joomla.org but the solutions don’t seem to pertain to the problem – since it only happens in this one template and with one module. I have a couple dozen site running with JA templates and have never had this type of problem or this lack of support. Again, please, please, please help! Love the template but can’t have disappearing admin menus as I will be handing this off to a client for management.

Thank you – for any help or ideas for solving this problem. Attached are screen shots of the admin console with missing menus.

1. disappearingadmin
    2. disappearingadmin_2
    tuba_acer Friend

You need to restore your database. I hope you have backups.. If you don’t, contact with your hosting company, they may have it..

oroshin Friend

Sometimes, you see that, your complete admin panel has dissapeared and you are not able to see any menu items and all. No toolbar, no menus,nothing. There can be two problems.

1). Either you have disabled mod_toolbar or mod_menus from the Administrator Modules

2). Or you are using JA HISHSLIDE module and plugin.

For both of them, solution is same…

So,here is the solution..

1). Goto your Database Manager(phpmyadmin) from your cPANEL and then goto your database and check your jos_plugins.

First edit the plg_highslide and in the PUBLISHER field, replace 1 with 0. It means,the plugin has been disabled.

2). Then check your jos_modules and search for mod_toolbar. In the published field, replace 1 with 0. So,it gets disabled . Then refresh your admin panel on your browser. Then again open your jos_modules at phpmyadmin and enable the mod_toolbar by replacing 0 with 1 in the publisher field..

THATS IT!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  oroshin 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum