Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Good afternoon,

I have one question about my template – it’s associated with video modul. Playlist shows name of the file from exact folder. The problem is this – when there is name of the file in playlist with diacritics – .flv file (names containing ě,š,č,ř,ž,ý,á,í,é letters) the video is not running. After change of the name to something without these symbols, video runs ok. The problem is that we need this diacritics, these symbols.

Example: Original name of the file – Přednáška.flv = not running. But Prednaska.flv is running.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Many thanks 😉

Anonymous Moderator

Hi zuzanach

I am afraid that this module does not support special names. You have to change to the standand names.

I am sorry for not being of much help in the case.

zuzanach Friend

Good afternoon,

I solved the problem. In Joomla! administration I rewrote following in video module settings: “playlist.php” to “playlist.xml”. Next I created this “playlist.xml” (posted below) and I’ve set the diacritics in the name of the video by UTF-8 symbols – from a tabble – which I wrote there.

Example of the “playlist.xml” :

<playlist version=”1″>

<title>Hidden Universe Playlist </title>

<trackList>

<track>

<location>http://www.name_of_the_domain.eu/images/stories/videos/Prednaska.flv</location&gt;

<image>/images/stories/videos/thumbnail/Prednaska.jpg</image>

<title>Přednáška</title>

<meta rel=”type”>flv</meta>

</track>

</trackList>

</playlist>

On the front-end there appears playlist with the diacritics-which-I-wanted under the picture of the video. And more – the video is running 🙂

zuzanach Friend

I forgot to announce you to copy “playlist.xml” to the same folder where the “playlist.php” is.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  zuzanach 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum