Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I would like to know if it is possible to play a localy hosted video (in the same server path), not from youtube or vimeo. if not, can I get another similar module from another JA template that can play a local video? thanks

Saguaros Moderator

@darengr

I’m afraid that at this moment, the ACM – Video module type supports video or youtube only. May I know which module in other template are you referring to?

darengr Friend

May I know which module in other template are you referring to?

I was hoping for a suggestion from you! I have seen most of your templates, but it is the first time I need a video playback. Uber has had a video playback, but I do not know if it is local or remote video.
    Is there any other way from joomlart to play a local video?
    In this project, we do not want to upload a video in youtube, to be able to play it in our site. We want visitors to see it on our site only.

Saguaros Moderator

In Uber template, we also use ACM – Hero style which shows video from Vimeo/Youtube channel. You can seek for a suitable extension in JED

darengr Friend

Thanks a lot, I tried to avoid loading an extra module just to play a local video.
    You may consider adding this feature if you like, i would be very happy!
    regards,
    darengr

Saguaros Moderator

Hi darengr,

I will pass to the team for further consideration.

darengr Friend

hi again,
    I tried to use the allvideos plugin (from joomlaworks.net) to embed a local video in the home page, specifically within the features intro style-1 ACM module.
    The command is "{mp4}201602{/mp4}" and this was placed in the intro text.
    It seems that acm is not processing plugins text, so i get no output.

if I embed this in another page which has component output, like the article page, video displays correctly.

How can I make the plugin to be processed in the home/landing page?

FYI, the following quote has been found in their support site:
    "Does that module support content plugins?
    If it is a custom HTML module you need to enable the prepare content setting."

Saguaros Moderator

Did you try to enable that prepare content setting?

You can provide the URL, Admin & FTP account of your site so I will have a look.

darengr Friend

Did you try to enable that prepare content setting?

Hi Saguaros, I do not understand how to do the above, if it requires to add some lines in a file or so, please let me know which files, and what to add to enable "prepare content". (Sorry, I do not have the ability to provide passwords at this moment)

In joomla default custom module there is the setting to prepare content, but this does not exist in joomlart acm custom module…

thanks

1. prepare
    Saguaros Moderator

You  can add this option for JA ACM by opening the XML file: ROOT/modules/mod_ja_acm/mod_ja_acm.xml

Add this fields:

<fieldset name="options" label="COM_MODULES_BASIC_FIELDSET_LABEL">
    <field
        name="prepare_content"
        type="radio"
        class="btn-group btn-group-yesno"
        label="MOD_CUSTOM_FIELD_PREPARE_CONTENT_LABEL"
        description="MOD_CUSTOM_FIELD_PREPARE_CONTENT_DESC"
        default="0">
        <option value="1">JYES</option>
        <option value="0">JNO</option>
    </field>
    </fieldset>

It will look like this: http://prntscr.com/cscfi0

darengr Friend

I will do this right now, please let me know,

1. do I have to reinstall (modified) JA_ACM afterwards, or do i make the change on the existing file?
    2. do I have to change something in the mod_ja_acm.php file, or will it work right away?

thanks a lot, darengr

Saguaros Moderator

You can edit the existing XML file and then go to backend settings of module + enable that option.

darengr Friend

As I said before, the parameter in the xml (and the options screen) is not enough by itself, I think it needs some addition in mod_ja_acm.php to take the parameter into account and prepare the content.

I added this at the end of mod_jaacm.php file, can somebody verify that it is correct please (especially the second line that cals the JHTML::(‘content.prepare’, $buffer); ?

if ($params->def('prepare_content', 1))
        echo JHTML::_('content.prepare', $buffer);
    else
        echo ($buffer);
    Saguaros Moderator

Does the plugin work with this solution?

darengr Friend

Does the plugin work with this solution?

yes it works, the problem is, is this the right way to call the function to prepare???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum