Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

HI
    I wonder if anyone can help?
    I need to move my banner module which the template places at the bottom to the top of the page before JA News.

I have no idea how to do this and also I need to know what the banner position will be for banner management.

Thanks in anticipation

nimbus33 Friend

just move
    <?php if ( mosCountModules("banner") ) { ?>
    <div class="ja-banner">
    <?php mosLoadModules ( "banner", -1 ); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

and place it before “<!– BEGIN: COLUMNS –>” or <!– BEGIN: CONTENT –>

that should do the trick

lizcam Friend

Thanks that did the trick!!!!!

nimbus33 Friend

No probs 🙂

iastate Friend

That works but it places the banner at the center of the page – pushes all the right column content to the bottom of the page. Is there a way to align it left or other fix?

iastate Friend

Here’s a link to the site. I’m guessing, but it looks like the banner is pushing the right columns away. I looked at css and html but did not fnd a way to align the banner left.

http://www.justbelowthesurface.com/

Any help is appreciated. The banner should really be above the content as it is in many/most news sites.

Also – tried to move the banner to the top – just to the right of the logo but that pushed the date down and everything else with it!
    Thanks for any help!

Joe

nimbus33 Friend

Did you try to css it with float:left; ??

iastate Friend

I would, but I don’t know how to do that!
    Do you mean edit the css as well as the html?

I took most all the ad modules , ect out to give it plenty of room, but it still pushes the right columns to the bottom. From what I’m reading (google heat maps) it s important to have a banner in the upper left, or there ’bouts.

So I need to figure this one out 🙂

Joe

iastate Friend

I added the float:left; line you see below in the css. It did indeed move the banner to algn left, but the other modules stayed down at the bottom of the page. Curious!

Here is the code that moved the banner :

.ja-banner {
    float:left;
    margin-top: 1px;
    padding: 1px 0;
    text-align: left;
    background: url(../images/sep.gif) repeat-x top;

iastate Friend

Looks like a have a partial fix – turns out the culprit was the </div> tags – I cut and pasted them along with the banner html. I went back and added a </div> tag were the others were cut from – I just needed one instead of the two I cut initially. Lots of trial and error !

The only issue remaining is the extra space above the News Flash module tabbed module. Adding the banner on the left side pushed the tabbed module down by the same number of pixels:

http://www.justbelowthesurface.com/

Suggestions appreciated!

Joe

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  iastate 16 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum