Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I get the following error in JA NEWS 1.3.2 whenever I place an image in an article:

Warning: mkdir(/home/repairny/public_html/images/resized/) [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/repairny/public_html/modules/mod_janews/helper.php on line 102

As soon as I remove the image from the article, no error!

Any assistance would be appreciated. Here is the site. I’ve left the image in the article, so it could be looked at.

Thanks for the help.

graceful Friend

Umm, Anyone?

Menalto Friend

First i would try to change file permission on the folder: /home/repairny/public_html/images/resized to 777 or 755

maryorycuf Friend

We must change the permissions to the directory resized / as the file is located there. Get as root on the console typing sudo -i and then password, then ls list files in the directory where those with Ls. To leave folders writes cd .. ls and again to go listing the content and browse the folders until you locate where the folder resized / when these are located where that folder type chmod 777 followed by a space and the file name.

graceful Friend

Ok, that was the issue. The ‘resized’ folder was never created. I created it, changed to 777 and the error is gone.

Thank you!

graceful Friend

<em>@maryorycuf 64833 wrote:</em><blockquote>We must change the permissions to the directory resized / as the file is located there. Get as root on the console typing sudo -i and then password, then ls list files in the directory where those with Ls. To leave folders writes cd .. ls and again to go listing the content and browse the folders until you locate where the folder resized / when these are located where that folder type chmod 777 followed by a space and the file name.</blockquote>

Um, couldn’t I just use Dreamweaver or my default FTP to right click the folder ‘resized’ and change to 777 ? Works all the time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  graceful 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum