Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I can change the white background to an image background but as I scroll down the background image goes up with the rest of the page.

Is it possible to have a background image that is “frozen” in place so that as you scroll down the background image does not change position?

Phill Moderator

Yep, of course it is possible.

Take a look at the following that explains exactly the code you need

http://www.w3schools.com/Css/pr_background-attachment.asp

herb2586 Friend

Thank you so much. This forum is so helpful! 😀

herb2586 Friend

So I may have lied. I can’t remember what file to edit and where at?

emhc Friend

Hi Herb2586,

Can you give me the link to your site then I will check it for you?

herb2586 Friend
    herb2586 Friend

So I got it to work! Yay.
    Used an image from another template from you guys.

Just a question about how it repeats horizontally.
    I see with the actual template (http://xfnow.org/) it automatically has the image just on the sides.
    Whenever I set it up on ainow.org, the image repeated 3 times horizontally going across the page. Is there a way to change the code?

Phill Moderator

Can you do an image of what you are after exactly? Your page currently looks fine to me.

herb2586 Friend

What I’m looking for is exactly what it looks like as of now.
    I’m just not sure how it will look for someone who has a different size monitor?
    I just made the image with paint specifically for my computer?

1. background
    Phill Moderator

I think you have it right. I’m viewing on a very wide screen and it looks goo right down to the point a screen smaller than your overall template width. I don’t think you will have any problems.

emhc Friend

Hi Herb2586,
    With backgound image you are using has width 1349px, you can ensure the site runs well on the screen < = 1349 (Ex, 1024, 1280). With larger screen you need to make larger background image Ex, for screen 1680 then your backgound image need to > = 1680px

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  emhc 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum