Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi Robertf,

Do you mean that you want to use Fulltext image for leading item in Featured Articles page – homepage as our demo site?

You will need to customize a bit, below are my tweak:

• Download attached file > unzip and copy php file inside to this directory: [root]/templates/ja_magz_ii/html/com_content/featured/
    • Open the file: [root]/templates/ja_magz_ii/html/com_content/featured/default.php

At approx 41 (under the snippet of code for leading item), change:

echo $this->loadTemplate('item');

To:

echo $this->loadTemplate('leading');

Regards

rocher Friend

Thanks Saguaros,

I will look at the code changes for the Featured Articles home page – and yes, what I want is the image for the first featured article to be the Full Article Image, while the other images can be the resized, smaller Intro Images.

Would this code also work for the other Category Blog menu items? For instance, for the menus (and submenus) for Fiction, Nonfiction and Reviews on my website?

http://www.tallandtrue.com.au/fiction/
    http://www.tallandtrue.com.au/nonfiction/
    http://www.tallandtrue.com.au/reviews/

If you visit the links, you’ll see they work like the Featured Articles home page, with a full sized image at the top of the page and resized images beneath.

Regards, Robertf

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Robertf,

It would be quite the same. For the Category Blog layout, you will need to edit associated files in this folder: [root]/templates/ja_magz_ii/html/com_content/category/

Duplicate this file: [root]/templates/ja_magz_ii/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php and rename the new file to: blog_leading.php for example and apply above steps to the file: [root]/templates/ja_magz_ii/html/com_content/category/blog.php

Regards

rocher Friend

Thanks again, Saguaros. I will do so tonight and let you know how it goes.

Regards, Robertf

rocher Friend

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, Saguaros.

Your suggested code changes for the (featured) home page and blog leading articles appears to be working. I’ve made the code changes on my local dev site. I will do more testing tomorrow, with all Intro images resized, and let you know how it goes.

All being okay, I’ll be updating the live website tomorrow. It should make a big difference to the performance reports! 🙂

Thanks again, Robertf

PS. I had to replace "echo $this->loadTemplate(‘item’);" with "echo $this->loadTemplate(‘leading’);" in three places in blog.php because, unlike default.php, the line appears three times. I hope this is correct.

Saguaros Moderator

Let me know if you need further helps.

Cheers!

rocher Friend

Hi Saguaros, Just to let you know I’ve gone live with the suggested featured articles and category blog changes for the intro and full-text images and it’s working well.

In fact, if possible, I would recommend you guys include it in future releases as it makes sense not to display a full sized image in featured articles and category blogs, but you do still need them for the leading articles!

Anyway, for now I’ve documented the code changes so I’ll be able to apply them to any updates of the Magz II template.

Thanks once again and please feel free to close this topic.

Regards, Robertf

Saguaros Moderator

Glad to hear that it worked Robertf!

Have a nice day!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 9 months ago.

The topic ‘Performance reports: images resized in HTML or CSS from 680×440 to 292×189’ is closed to new replies.