Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi

I have recently installed the new JA Zibal template over an existing website that I’m building. On this template I have enabled and configured the Suckerfish menu which works OK.
    The only problem I have is that all my menu items to content items are missing the itemid. This seems to be the reason why Pathway is not showing anything when I click on any of these items. The pathway works OK if I click on links to non-content Items (i.e. contact form or other components).
    When I enable one om my previous menu modules in position TOP in the JA Zibal template I do see the ItemIds and Pathway is working correct.

So it looks like it has something to do with the fact that I moved my menu items to the mainmenu (which is required in order to use the suckerfish menu).

In the demo page on Joomlart.com there are no content items. So I cannot verify if this problem can work on other sites.
    Are more people experiencing this problem?

I’m not sure if this is a template related issue or a Joomla! related issue. Anyway can anyone help me with this please?

dadario Friend

So this works OK for everybody? Pleae confirm, in that case I’ll have to continue looking for an answer!
    Thanks

jonatha1 Friend

What is your site url, Curious to see what you are referring to.

dadario Friend

What is your site url, Curious to see what you are referring to.</blockquote>

The site can be viewed here : http://alten.dumb.nl.

Please also note that when the items (reachable via the mainmenu) are viewed via the sitemap they all do have the ItemID and when clicked from the sitemap Pathway displays the path correctly.

Hung Dinh Friend

I can confirm that Zibal have no effect to the pathway, have you tried your website under other template?

dadario Friend

OK I’ve done a little more investigation.
    Unfortunately my conclusion is that it IS related to the JA Zibal template.

Here’s how to reproduce:

1) Create a new content item “text1” (via “Content / AllContent items / New” linked to a section and category).
    2) Via the menu manager create a new “content link” In the mainmenu and link this to the new content item.
    3) Now Checkout the result on the website. You’ll see that the url to the new page “text1” has no ItemID.

If you repeat steps 1-3 for a new Static Content item, everything works fine. Same applies for blogtype pages and there are more page types where an ItemID is in the url.

Another (perhaps stronger) argument showing why this is a template related thing is the fact that when I enable the JA Polar template and check the url (from the suckerfish menu) of the created content item “text1” I do see the ItemID.

My conclusion is that it IS related to the JA Zibal template and occurs when the suckerfish menu contains a link to a content item.

Can you please confirm if you can reproduce this scenario?

nathanbohn Friend

try making your menu items have unique id #’s box checked.

dadario Friend

try making your menu items have unique id #’s box checked.</blockquote>

I have tried that, but that didn’t make any difference.

dadario Friend

I made some more progress in my investigation.

When I changed the parameter ja_menutype = 2 (Son of Suckerfish Dropdown Menu) to ja_menutype = 3 (Transmenu) my problem was solved.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dadario 17 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum