Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi

I installed the Ja Mageia 1.5 template on Joomla 1.5 on a different server for testing and when I was trying to edit and choose color template I get this

“The Parameter-File /templates/ja_mageia/params.ini is Unwritable!”

so I logged on to FTP and changed the permission to 755 or 777. I noticed

“The Parameter-File /templates/ja_mageia/params.ini is writable”

But when I change to a different color mode and click saved – when I previewed the color did not change, the parameter change to unwritable again.

How can I fix this issue?Kindly advise. Thanks in advance.

Michael Casha Friend

Make sure you clear your cookies, sometimes what happens is if you click the colour option then change back, even thought the default if what you have set it to it’ll still be set as whatever is in your cookies.

I tried to access your site but got:
    Firefox can’t find the server at wwww.vivawebdesign.com.

I hope I made sense.

guap Friend

<em>@MiCCAS 46476 wrote:</em><blockquote>Make sure you clear your cookies, sometimes what happens is if you click the colour option then change back, even thought the default if what you have set it to it’ll still be set as whatever is in your cookies.

I tried to access your site but got:
    Firefox can’t find the server at wwww.vivawebdesign.com.

I hope I made sense.</blockquote>

I cleared the cache and it works. So every time I change or modify CSS or html template, I have to change the permission to writable?

Michael Casha Friend

Yes, otherwise the script won’t be able to modify your file at all.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum