Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Full title, “Pages center fine in Firefox, but menu and body left justified in IE – yet Flowlist centers fine”

I just made some updates to a JA Labra site, when I checked it in IE, I found that the justification is broken. I checked in IE8, then using IE Tester verified in IE7, IE8, IE9 and above, same problem, yet is fine in IE6.

Just to be sure it wasn’t something I had done I did a fresh install of Labra on a test website: http://www.dottedi.us/16.

You’ll see that the general site is left aligned to the browser left border whereas flowlist appears to be fully center aligned. Everything looks good in Firefox. I am using Labra on two live sites which illustrate the same problem.

How do we fix this? Thx in advance.

Bob Meetin Friend

BTW – I used the quickinstaller for the JA Labra install on the test site. It’s complete and as out of the box as it can be.

Without going too deep into modifying the $template/index.php file or CSS on one of the broken sites I attempted to add some center type styling like the following for Ie 7 +:

<!–>
    <style type=”text/css”>
    body#bd {
    width: 960px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }
    </style>
    <!–>

This does help to center the page but it also loses the full width header which we like. Is there a right way to solve the bug? Great template without the bug.

pritam Friend

Hello,

Here is your code :-

<!–>
    <style type=”text/css”>
    body#bd {
    }
    </style>
    <!–>

Now You can apply to this code :-

<!–>
    <style type=”text/css”>
    body#bd {
    .clearfix {display: block;}
    }
    </style>
    <!–>

Clean the cache and see the changes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pritam 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum