Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Page numbers overlap with text can be viewed here:

Thanks

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear annaleen,

I did quite some research on this, there are two things which are messing it up for you :
    1. Translated text ‘word count” is more. So it goes over board.
    2. The “Bladsy 9 van 13” in brown box, should be placed in the second line.

I might be wrong on this one, but i could not find any template override for this case in the template you are using (rasite) or any template as whole (even the joomla defaults).

The only solution to this problem is to limit the pagination from 1,2,3,……10 to something like 1,2,3……6 . However, for this you will need to hack (edit) the joomla core file. This is usually not practiced, as we use template overrides to avoid hacking the joomla core files.

Well, back to the point. You can limit the number of pages it shows from 1-10 to anything less which corrects the problem. For that open >> /your_site_root/libraries/joomla/html/pagination.php file.

around line 95-96, you will see this code :
    <blockquote>
    // Set the pagination iteration loop values
    $displayedPages = 10;</blockquote>

Change it to :
    <blockquote>
    // Set the pagination iteration loop values
    $displayedPages = 6;</blockquote>

you can increase it suit your site.

Remember, its a edit to Joomla Core file and you would need to redo it, once you update your joomla version.

Please let me know if it helps.

you can read more about it here :

http://docs.joomla.org/JPagination
    http://docs.joomla.org/Using_JPagination_in_your_component

Regards

Arvind

annaleen Friend

Thank you drarvindc

Yes it is not critical only annoying, now I wonder if I do the hack, do I need to do it every time I upgrade Joomla? :confused:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  annaleen 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum